Home

Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 Demo Preview

True_Avery

agreed, I like my gaming to be hassle free and with people who are interested in Star Wars and specifically KotOR, Not just MMO grinders looking to extend their e-peen :)

But with that in mind, it is still a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ORPG, so I am hoping there are many opportunities for group activities. Give me some dungeons to run with 4 or 5 of my best friends to explore and clear out(and hopefully get some nice loot). I'm mostly a single player kind of guy even in WoW, but it can be fun to do a dungeon with your best buds. BioWare hasn't spoken much on what we can do with groups, just the E3 example of a duo doing a spaceship mission.

Hopefully I'm not the only person wanting examples of good multiplayer experience in this game? For a long while, the old-school KotOR fans wanted proof of a good single-player story, and we got that. Now show us MMO fans where the multiplayer is.

I do hope the dungeons are all story-driven like the E3 Spaceship Mission though. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said I want to play with my friends, and that I dont want to play with Jerks, I never said I'm in denial that this is an MMO... if you were quoting me for something please enlighten me :)

I guess my bad. I just interpreted what you said as more focusing on the single-player, then jumped off on a tirade on wanting to see the MMO part of TOR. I apologize for going off-topic on you.

But I do see what you mean. With the huge hype TOR is getting, we will be getting a lot of the more ignorant WoW players, and not just the good players who love Star Wars. I play WoW, but I also played SWG for 2 years(plus I'm posting on this forum :p), so I feel like I can enjoy it for the setting. But I do loathe the idea of playing with people in TOR who skip through all the conversation dialogues and just try to get to max level. Or the people who won't stop in the middle of a dungeon and read a book in a sideroom.

But we'll see with time. At least with guilds confirmed, we'll be able to make friends with the kinds of people who appreciate the universe. :)

Thanks for the great writeup. being able to play a more SP style game when I want is very encouraging. In my ideal world I'd like to be able to do that as well as play with specific people of the Lucasforums variety.
**** Yeah! Prime and I are going cruisin' for some hawt Twi'lek...

Thanks for the great writeup. being able to play a more SP style game when I want is very encouraging. In my ideal world I'd like to be able to do that as well as play with specific people of the Lucasforums variety.

We could all agree to play on the same server. And be in the same "guild", depending on faction.

I guess my bad. I just interpreted what you said as more focusing on the single-player, then jumped off on a tirade on wanting to see the MMO part of TOR. I apologize for going off-topic on you.

I apologize too, I've just had a few posts quoted with people completely missing my point, so I'm a bit jumpy atm lol.

you just said you don't want to play with 80% of the mmo community :o

I know lol :) my Experiences with MMO's and the official tOR website has made this decision all the more concrete.

The community, right? It's a mess, if I may say so.

yes mate, some areas are ok like the off topic cus we just have fun, but the game discussion areas are like a meeting of oil and water lol, you've got kids and adults, SPRPG and MMO fans, Star Wars and non Star Wars fans, pre-CU SWG and current SWG players, WOW nubs... the list goes on, its mayhem, trolls, and flames in that place.

Archived