Home

SoMI soundtrack help needed

sinus

Hi.

I'm currently putting together a soundtrack CD from the 1992 CDDA edition of The Secret of Monkey Island. But there is one track that bothers me. It's called "Trapped!" or "Cue 2". I recently have played the game two times but this short piece of music never came to my ears.

You can listen to the piece here: http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/mi1.htm (as "Cue 2")

I'm assuming it has something to do with the cannibals because that's the only place Guybrush is trapped.

Any help is appreciated and will be rewarded.

Greets

Hannes

I don't recognise it either, but I'd also guess it had something to do with the cannibals from the general sound (and the name).

Maybe it was just never used in the game. Or is that the music that plays if Guybrush dies..?

does someone here has contact to Michael Land? I just want to know about that cue. Laserschwert just quoted Jesse Harlin in the german forum Adventure-Treff

It was written for the 1994 version, put on disc, and now is ripped and considered part of the official soundtrack for the game but it doesn't actually appear anywhere in-game.

So the only one who might know about the cue's original destiny is the composer himself: Michael Land.

Now you may download my small efforts at: zeitgestalten.org ...

Michael Land and others ~ The Secret of Monkey Island ("19th Anniversary Edition")

40 minutes of pure nostalgia! Being unsatisfied with the audio quality and sequencing of the release over at LucasArts Soundtracks I took the enhanced CD version of the game and tried to make a listenable experience out of it and added the PC speaker version of the main titles to the album. The track list (below) and its song titles are different to other releases but I included alternative names of the pieces in the liner notes/comments of the FLAC files to keep the confusion low. This “19th Anniversary Edition” tries to serve the audiophile as well as the completist. Have fun! If not, please contact me.

01 01:36 Deep in the Caribbean...

02 01:03 The Lookout

03 00:13 Interlude

04 02:19 The SCUMM™ Bar

05 01:33 Meanwhile/LeChuck's Theme

06 02:00 Voodoo

07 02:03 Stalking the Shopkeeper

08 02:07 Mêlée Island™

09 02:17 The Fettucini Brothers

10 02:04 Treasure Huntery

11 01:10 Guybrush & Elaine

12 00:17 LeChuck Captures Elaine

13 02:36 Smilin' Stan's

14 00:18 Meanwhile...

15 02:28 The Journey

16 02:37 Monkey Island™

17 02:16 The Cannibal Village

18 00:16 Trapped

19 02:03 Ghost Ship

20 01:57 The Church

21 02:02 Guybrush Kicks Butt

22 03:45 Talking to Elaine

23 01:13 Introduction (PC speaker version)

Thanks to Jos Buivenga for his typeface Fontin and the Monkey Island fanbase for support and resources - especially Jan Hofmeister.

Archived