Home

[TSL] The Creepy Fashion Merchant

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another update. This seems to be going quite slowly.. tedious tedious work.

Anyways, I thought I should add something to secure the leg straps, and after messing up countless times, I finally came up with something like this:

I redid it about 7 times, and it never looked right no matter what I did. I figured once I put shinyness in, it might remedy it. What do you all think?

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Visas7.jpg

And speaking of shinyness, leathers are generally pretty shiny... so I did a little test. I polished up the leather a bit. IMO, it looks amazing, and adds more life to the texture.

Show spoiler
Visas6.jpg

Since I've been working on the leathers for awhile, I decided I should take a break and work on some of the actual characters. For the creeper merchant, I had a couple of heads in mind, but I wasn't sure which I should use.

So far, I thought of using either Igear or Mekel's head, but neither have struck me as inherently creepy.

This looks like it's gonna be a very cool mod. :) I think the clothes look good, if you want a sexy look--I'm personally looking forward to the dialogue. It'll be fun to play as a female Exile and tell him what to do with himself. :p

Well, provided I can get the game to work... -_-

I was thinking about Griff and Mission from K1 when a creepy thought hit me.

What if the creepy merchant was a male twilek that used his sister as a model for the various outfits. (It actually sounds like something Griff would do to Mission if they had never left Taris.)

I was thinking about Griff and Mission from K1 when a creepy thought hit me.

What if the creepy merchant was a male twilek that used his sister as a model for the various outfits. (It actually sounds like something Griff would do to Mission if they had never left Taris.)

You know, people have been committed for saying things like that:p.

This keeps getting better and better. Well done VP! I think that a bit of shininess on that one part will help, and the polishing you did is definitely making the textures look less flat.

Please, keep bringing on the coolness. As awesome as Visas is, I can't wait to see what you're going to bring out for Mira next.

Not a bad idea. I've been thinking about what relationship the creepy merchant has with his dancer/model. The problem is that I wanted the dancer to be a Zeltron. If they were brother and sister, that would require that the merchant be a Zeltron as well.

So here is Brenya, the Zeltron model.

Show spoiler
Brenya1.jpg

I realize some of you might be wondering why she looks like Bastila. This is based on the premise that Zeltrons often seem familiar to people even though they've never met... at least I think that it was Zeltrons that that applied to. If too many of you think it's a bad idea, I could pick a different head, but it has to be 'attractive', because that's how Zeltrons are.

You'll of course be able to talk to her, and there will even be a dialog option on why she looks familiar/like Bastila (to make a bit more sense of her appearance)

One more leather update.

Show spoiler
Visas8.jpg

I got sick and tired of working on the leg straps, so I undertook the less taxing process of re-drawing the legs so they can be bare. I think it's passable, but there are no discernible knees (there were none to begin with though). Is this a deal breaker, or do you guys not care all that much?

Nothing particularly amazing to show for the creeper. But I figure maybe I should fill you all in on the backstory I've been creating for the various characters in this mod (yes, more than one).

Come to think of it though, perhaps a reskinned Azkul head would do the trick. If you got rid of the scar and the bum eye, that face has creeper written all over it. Azkul Wookieepedia

So, the general consensus is that this shot:

Visas5.jpg

is the most universally liked short version? Fair enough, but I will have to remake the 'saber holster' straps. Shouldn't be hard. Again, pretty much every variation here will be available for any female party member.

You know, the Zel creep actually makes sense. they're emotion addicts, they love the buzz they can get from people, hence their party rep.

Thought about it, but decided against it. The main idea behind the merchant is that he can't get any... which means he has to resort to peeping Tom methods. A Zeltron wouldn't have to be creepy to get action, with all them pheromones and just being generally attractive.

It's good that you mentioned it though, because I was planning on throwing in a male Zeltron in there to model the uh... male outfits. Just imagine him modeling in a speedo or something... sigh, that'd be terrible!

Either way, male model or not, i was planning on throwing a male zeltron in there somewhere. Quest-related of course :)

Also, what do the rest of you think of the Basty Zeltron? any objections? if not, she's going in the mod.

That's the version I was referring to. :) Looks great!

I don't like the Bastila Zeltron. Maybe you could modify the head so that she looks similar to her, but not really like her.

Will the outfit be available in more than one color for the characters? (like, black, white, and blue options for Brianna or somethin'?)

This mod is coming along nicely.

And it took me by suprise really, which makes it so much sweeter.

If you need more leather patterns, check these sites out:

http://www.cgtextures.com/

http://www.mayang.com/textures/

Each site has a big catagories: Fabric, nature, Food, Ground... etc.

Not to mention very highres shots of leather.

If I might suggest to bring in a second colour in to your outfits.

Besides the buckles and other little tidbits. Not that you have to do away with the single colours.

Their lovely, perhaps a thought for version 2.0 :p

Keep it coming!

Archived