Home

3rd Official Video Documentary - New gameplay!

News

I noticed 2 Sith abilities in the video, I typed up what I could read off them:

Smash - Action Points: 5, Instant , Cooldown: 15 sec, Range: 5m. You leap into the air and smash into the ground, stunning up to 3 nearby enemies for 5 seconds and dealing moderate damage to them.

Force Choke (Rank 1), Channeled: 6 sec, Cooldown: 30 sec, Range: 15m, Chokes a target, leaving them suspended in the air while you channel the ability. The target takes high damage spread over 8 seconds, and you regain 1 action point per second.

Sounds cool, action points aren't quite like the Rogue combo points in WoW I guess.

To me, the interface looks pleasing, but it reminds me a lot about WoW's interface. And I liked the way Mass Effect had its dialog.

These are low level sith we're seeing so far, remember. Hopefully theyll implement some sort of "the more evil you get, the more ugly and scarred you look" system.

I doubt that they are going to go with what they did for K1 for the Sith appearances, since back in the time of K1 (and its development), a Dark Jedi/Sith' main feature is a red lightsaber. Bioware wanted them to be more... unique. After Episode 3, there is a more distinquishing feature that was introduced officially into canon: yellow/orange and red eyes that emanate evil.

Interesting read. Dice rolls to decide who's choice is going to be picked during dialog? I don't know, I think I'd be pissed if dialog doesn't go the way I want because of someone else. Another element why I'd prefer to play this mostly singleplayer.

I guess it's better than nothing, taking turns like that. Maybe for bigger decisions that will greatly impact your Karma, they can let each player pick a different choice. Like killing the Captain from the E3 demo. The guy in control wants to kill him, but you want to spare him. So the Captain is killed, but your character mentions "For the record, I wanted to spare him. It's this guy over here's fault he's dead, not mine." Different opinions could work for story I would think. Otherwise it would suck if your friend is particularly callous and kills everything, ruining your Good Karma.

I'm sure BioWare's got something in the plans for party members with differing opinions(or at least I hope they do).

Interesting read. Dice rolls to decide who's choice is going to be picked during dialog? I don't know, I think I'd be pissed if dialog doesn't go the way I want because of someone else. Another element why I'd prefer to play this mostly singleplayer.

Or play with friends who you'd trust with your alignment. o_Q

Archived