Home

ZimmMaster's WIP's

ZimmMaster

How about you don't release anything that relates at all to Shem's work. She is more than capable of deciding if he releases the USM with TSL patcher or not. However lets see if I can completely eliminate the misunderstanding.

Shem's readme;

What this explicitly means is that you use his mod in your own mod... For example lets say SilverEdge9 wanted to include it in BoS then he could. Putting Shems USM mod in TSLpatcher is not making a mod, it is not doing any work of your own what so ever - it would of taken me less than a minute to put Shems USM in TSLpatcher. Indeed I'm happy to do that, email it to Shem, and let him upload that to KotOR Files under his own name to end this furore.

Putting someone elses mod in TSL patcher does not count as a modification, you haven't done anything yourself to change the game, it goes completely against the spirit of which Shem had said the above in his readme. Indeed your behaviour is why I explicitly state that my own work has to have my permission given, otherwise if I gave it in a readme, that trust could be abused; which is exactly what you have done by doing what you have done. I cannot within the realms of forum rules say anything else with regards this matter.

My primary job here is to enforce the rules, and keep the peace. As such my behaviour has to set the example with regards obedience to the Forum rules, and setting the level of decorum appropriate for the forum. Do rest assured I am not in any way either amused by your conduct or very enamoured by your behaviour; I think you have acted in a wholly ungraceful manner which is the antipathy of which mod makers would like to relate to one another, Good day sir.

Ok, then. The Ultimate Sound Mod project is officially canceled. Thanks for all clarification. Sorry for all the trouble.

There are some good points brought up in this thread an I don't want to distract from someones work.

I personally don't have a problem with someone making an installer for one of my mods that probably does need one with all the mods that have come out since.

As I have said in my Emails Zimmerman I want to see the end result and test the installer myself, but I also mentioned that i need to contact the other members of the team.

However seeing as what your releasing will not contain any actual content from USM I don't see that there would be a problem.

The whole point is to allow people to enjoy the mods without their games being messed up.

If there is something else I'm missing I would appreciate being PM'd personally.

I will email you the end result once completed. Which I hope will be sometime tommorow or the day after.

I was asked to post something here so here we go.

This is our stance on this... While you may have noble intentions you need to secure permissions first before announcing something like this and if you can't get them you are SOL... sorry.

Needless to say to have a link for something like this around here you will need to have permission, now if what is released contains no actual files from the mod then that's a slightly different story because then it becomes a sort of add-on or a resource file. Still permissions would be nice and it appears T7 is active on this in wanting to check it out before you release.

[/staff Statement]

--------------------

[Modder Statement]

Basically Zimm, what you are doing we have seen before and you are going about it in the wrong way and actually appearing like someone who wants to take credit for another persons work (I have seen the readme you put in your Patcher version of Shem's mod crediting yourself for this endeavor and first mind you, that screams of Zimm wanting a piece of Shem's credit.) Needless to say I'm not impressed by that, at all.

Someone who actually wants to help does something like this makes the thing packages it up and doesn't even put their name anywhere on it, if you really are doing it to help the community, you would package it up and let T7 and Shem handle it from there and release it, that's how it rightfully should be done.

[/Modder Statement]

--------------------

Just general FYI for you all... For those of you who haven't been around here since 'The Dawn of Time' so to speak, I wish I could take you on the proverbial way-back machine to the sad state of affairs the JK:JA modding scene was, there was theft, there was drama, there was so much crap going on that we wanted to separate ourselves from this cesspool and 'permissions' was a big issue, and still is as you can see. So while you may feel that our 'spirit of the law' is infringing upon some of you, I do desire to point out that we have our reasons for this. But #1 is about respect.

Just clarifying a few things about why we are so 'archaic' to some of you on certain things around here.

Ok, we are now in the testing stage and unsurprisingly we have problems. All mods this big have problems it seems. We have several Warnings that appeared and I don't know what some of them mean. Below some notes I've taken that include the warnings. As to the one error message I got with the c_npclevel.nss file. I don't know why it appeared because the file is in the tslpatchdata. I really need help with the handmaiden.dlg and baodur.dlg warning entries as these are some critical files.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
8:11 PM 8/9/2009

Mod Finished Installing w/ 1 Error and 113 Warnings

=============

Missing Files

=============

No File Found In tslpatchdata Folder

gblbaodur500.wav

gblbaodur501.wav

gblbaodur502.wav

gblbaodur503.wav

gblbaodur504.wav

Error Message;

• Warning: Unable to copy file "gblbaodur500.wav", file does not exist!

• Warning: Unable to copy file "gblbaodur501.wav", file does not exist!

• Warning: Unable to copy file "gblbaodur502.wav", file does not exist!

• Warning: Unable to copy file "gblbaodur504.wav", file does not exist!

<ZM MOD NOTE> THE ABOVE FILES MUST BE COPIED TO THE TSLPATCHDATA FOLDER AND MADE TO INSTALL IN THE STREAMVOICE/GBL/BAODUR FOLDER, TSLPATCHER CREATED A BAODUR FOLDER IN THE SWKOTOR2 MAIN DIRECTORY WHEN ATTEMPTED TO COPY FILES.

Message;

• Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\BAODUR did not exist, creating it...

No File Found In tslpatchdata Folder.

GBLMIRA500.wav

GBLMIRA501.wav

GBLMIRA501.wav

Error Message; • Warning: Unable to copy file "GBLMIRA500.wav", file does not exist!

• Warning: Unable to copy file "GBLMIRA501.wav", file does not exist!

• Warning: Unable to copy file "GBLMIRA502.wav", file does not exist!

<ZM MOD NOTE> THE ABOVE FILES MUST BE COPIED TO THE TSLPATCHDATA FOLDER AND MADE TO INSTALL IN THE STREAMVOICE/GBL/MIRA FOLDER, TSLPATCHER CREATED A MIRA FOLDER IN THE SWKOTOR2 MAIN DIRECTORY WHEN ATTEMPTED TO COPY FILES.

Message;

• Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\mira did not exist, creating it...

========================

Files That Need Modified

========================

Unknown Solution

baodur.dlg

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\96\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\96\ActionParamStrA, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\96\Quest, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\50\EntriesList\0\Active, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\59\EntriesList\0\Active, skipping...

<ZM MOD NOTE> I NEED A SOLUTION FOR THESE 5 PROBLEM(S) AS THIS FILE IS A MUST INSTALL VIA MODIFIERS IN THE GFF LIST.

Unknown Solution handmaiden.dlg

Error Message(s); • Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\34\RepliesList\0\ParamStrA, skipping...

<ZM MOD NOTE> I NEED A SOLUTION FOR THESE ONE PROBLEM(S) AS THIS FILE IS A MUST INSTALL VIA MODIFIERS IN THE GFF LIST.

Unknown Solution

101kreia.dlg

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\96\Script, skipping...

Unknown Solution

650jedi.dlg

Error Message(s); • Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\22\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\22\Listener, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\70\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\71\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\76\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\79\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\82\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\83\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\83\Script2, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\83\ActionParamStrB,

skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\84\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\84\Listener, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\86\Script2, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\89\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\90\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\90\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\91\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\91\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\91\Script2, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\92\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\98\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\99\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\99\ActionParamStrA, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\100\ActionParamStrA, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\102\ActionParamStrA, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\103\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\103\ActionParamStrA, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\104\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\104\ActionParamStrA, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\113\Script2, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\116\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\121\Script2, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\122, skipping...

Unknown Problem

atrend3.dlg

Error Message;

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\103\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\115\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\117\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\124\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\131\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\185\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\187\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\191\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\195\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label Reply, skipping...

Unknown Problem

bao_malv.dlg

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\17\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\17\VO_ResRef, skipping...

Unknown Problem

disc_enc.dlg

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\0\RepliesList\0\Active, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\57\RepliesList\0\Active, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\61\VO_ResRef, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\61\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\64\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\67\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\73\VO_ResRef, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\74\Script, skipping...

<ZM MOD NOTE: NOT SURE IF IT IS RELEVANT BUT IN THE INSTALL LOG THIS ERROR WAS MOSTLY NOT THE SAME FONT COLOR AS OTHER ERRORS LIKE THIS> • Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\74\Comment, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\75\VO_ResRef, skipping...

Unknown Problem

kreatris.dlg

Error Message(s); • Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\0\VO_ResRef, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\2\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\4\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\8\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\11\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\17\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\19\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\20\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\22\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\22\VO_ResRef, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\23\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\24\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\30\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\31\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\35\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\43\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\42\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\44\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\23\Comment, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\28\Comment, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\29\Comment, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\33\EntriesList\0\Active, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\37\Comment, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\38\Comment, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\39\Comment, skipping...

Unknown Problem

krecut.dlg

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\0\VO_ResRef, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\2\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\3\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\5\VO_ResRef, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\6\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\7\Speaker, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\7\VO_ResRef, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\11\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label EntryList\12\Script, skipping...

• Warning: Blank value encountered for GFF field label ReplyList\6\EntriesList\0\Active, skipping...

=========================

Scripts That Need Changed

=========================

Must Copy file(s) to tslpatchdata folder.

c_npclevel.nss

Error Message;

• Error: Unable to find compiled version of file "c_npclevel.nss"! The compilation probably failed! Skipping...

<ZM MOD NOTE> NOT SURE WHY THIS IS APPEARING AS THE ABOVE FILE IS LOCATED IN THE TSLPATCHDATA FOLDER.

====================================================

Files That Need To Be Removed From GFF Modifier List

====================================================

Unknown Problem

korr_cryform_01.utp

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Invalid field type "Char" or data specified in section "gff_korr_cryform_01_OpenLockDiffMod_0" when trying to add fields to korr_cryform_01.utp, skipping...

Unknown Problem

korr_cryform_02.utp

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Invalid field type "Char" or data specified in section "gff_korr_cryform_02_OpenLockDiffMod_0" when trying to add fields to korr_cryform_02.utp, skipping...

Unknown Problem

korr_cryform_03.utp

Error Message(s); • Warning: Invalid field type "Char" or data specified in section "gff_korr_cryform_03_OpenLockDiffMod_0" when trying to add fields to korr_cryform_03.utp, skipping...

Unknown Problem

korr_cryform_04.utp

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Invalid field type "Char" or data specified in section "gff_korr_cryform_04_OpenLockDiffMod_0" when trying to add fields to korr_cryform_04.utp, skipping...

Unknown Problem

korr_cryform_05.utp

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Invalid field type "Char" or data specified in section "gff_korr_cryform_05_OpenLockDiffMod_0" when trying to add fields to korr_cryform_05.utp, skipping...

Unknown Problem

korr_cryform_06.utp

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Invalid field type "Char" or data specified in section "gff_korr_cryform_06_OpenLockDiffMod_0" when trying to add fields to korr_cryform_06.utp, skipping...

Unknown Problem

korr_cryform_07.utp

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Invalid field type "Char" or data specified in section "gff_korr_cryform_07_OpenLockDiffMod_0" when trying to add fields to korr_cryform_07.utp, skipping...

Unknown Problem

korr_cryform_08.utp

Error Message(s); • Warning: Invalid field type "Char" or data specified in section "gff_korr_cryform_08_OpenLockDiffMod_0" when trying to add fields to korr_cryform_08.utp, skipping...

Unknown Problem

korr_cryform_09.utp

Error Message(s);

• Warning: Invalid field type "Char" or data specified in section "gff_korr_cryform_09_OpenLockDiffMod_0" when trying to add fields to korr_cryform_09.utp, skipping...

===============================================

Scripts that need to be integrated and compiled

===============================================

Cannot Compile

c_npclevel.nss

Error Message(s);

• Error: Unable to find compiled version of file "c_npclevel.nss"! The compilation probably failed! Skipping...

6:17:55 AM; 08/10/09

<ZM MOD NOTE> FINISHED IDENTIFYING CHANGING ALL FILES THAT HAD TO BE MODIFIED. CHANGED INSTALL FROM INSTALLING VIA MODIFIERS IN GFF LIST TO COPYING TO OVERRIDE FOLDER

06:51:42 AM; 08/10/09

<ZM MOD NOTE> IDENTIFIED PROBLEM TO THE STREAMVOICE FILES CREATING A FOLDER NAMED GBL IN THE BAODUR AND MIRA IN SWKOTOR MAIN DIRECTORY.

07:02:39 AM; 08/10/09

<ZM MOD NOTE> FINISHED DELETING ORIGIONAL ENTRIES IN INSTALL FILES LIST AND CREATED NEW ENTRIES WITH CORRECT INSTALL LOCATIONS.

• 2 months later...

Still am waiting on a reply with the latest patcher but I recently got an email from him which is a good sign. I still need help on several problems.

Anyways new projects I forgot to mention earlier.

New Dopak Head Mod v2: Practically done. Finishing up portraits and screenshots.

Items of Revan v2: Done. Just waiting on a reply email from SithSpecter asking to include his flowing cape fix with some edits to it made by me.

Walking Animation Fix v2: Done. Getting ready to submit for review. Includes requested TSL Running Animation Fix.

TSL Texture Improvement Mod: A long ways to go. Wondering about recruiting.

*EDIT* Forgot to mention my Dual Colored Saber Staffs: Done. Waiting on a reply from svosh to use the negotiator saber model. If no reply by Thanksgiving, will use oldflash's model he gave me permission to use.

-ZM-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry I'm late updating. Been busy with Mass Effect 2.

USM Patcher - still waiting, but a patch for the TSLRCM which was mainly the whole point of the patch, has been done and hosted to KFiles. Thanks Stoney.

New Dopak Head Mod v2 - Done, hosted on KFiles, see link in my signature.

Sith Uniform attire - Done, hosted to KFiles, see link in my signature.

• 1 month later...

OK, bad news. My computer went out due to a motherboard failure and until I can get a new computer or find some way to salvage the hard drive, I lost all data and all my WIPs. So unless I can salvage the hard drive and get a new computer (which could be up to a month from now or whenever we get confirmation about some social security benefits from the government, the wait is killing me) I have lost all my projects and will have to start from scratch. I'm very sorry to anybody who have been waiting patiently for any of my projects to get finished. :(

-ZM-

• 1 year later...
zm i think you should update this WIP, it'd help. Especially finding all your mods from 1 place

Did you not read his last post?

OK, bad news. My computer went out due to a motherboard failure and until I can get a new computer or find some way to salvage the hard drive, I lost all data and all my WIPs.

-ZM-

No reason to bump threads like this while other modders wait and watch their active threads get pushed down. Zim will update this when he has something to post.

No active thread gets pushed down because i post like 20 times a day. I post on nearly all WIps and i make sure theres somethin new to read :). And i only said because he may of forgotten about this as i found wayyy back, and his failiure was like 6 months ago and i know hes been modding recently.

Archived