Home

Disbeliever's crazy project!

disbeliever

Okay, I might be shooting this out of nowhere, but... I have an idea of something that might be added in game. Of course, that would require some more work, but, here it goes, anyway: Sleyheyron, as I understand, is a kind of mix between Nar Shadaa and Nal Hutta: governed by hutts and with plenty of gangsters. These gangsters have to get distracted right? So how do you prevent them to kill each other while being bored? Bars, cantinas, games of Pazaak, exotic twi'lek dancers, pod/swoop races AND arena fight, why not?

I feel like kotor lack opportunities for hand to hand combat. Wouldn't it be great if there was a place in Sleheyron to battle against thugs and bandits without having to kill them? I think this might add to Sleheyron and it would perfectly fit the atmosphere of such a planet.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just about to mention the twi lek dancing gurls :xp:

The Hutt looks good dis. I still think you should add some Twi'leks to it. :D

I also agree with Salzella on the neon.

Expect to see some nice neon and girlz in the Cantina... dancing poles, yes that's what we need, poles with neon lights. :p

Not to mention the Pazaak&Racing floor. For all that mad gambling fun!

Perhaps I should PM Redrob, ask for some sexy dancer skins. :drool2:

I like it dis :) . Now all we need is Q's update :D

Euh? Update?

Dangit, Dragon Age is a real pain, I played the whole afternoon >_>

Working on the stuff filler stuff though, it's just going a little slower. :)

I don't know if they are thinking of putting a swoop track in

Well, Disbeliever did say he'd like to get Sithspecter's swoop tracks right here...

And SS, I agree with Q, you did a fantastic job restoring Bioware's vision. It is a lot harder to try and recreate something faithfully vs. just having 100% creative control. As for the files, I would really be interested in that re-skinned swoop track you had done. Was it a working swoop race with Sley skins? I think Q and I would like to have a swoop race on this planet for people. :)

Quick comment: bioware had built 3 arenas to fight in for sley. They were actually built and left in game. I have extracted them and re created the missing walkmeshes. They are 3 diff versions. One looks like a maze arena you have to hide n seek kill in, one is a platform arena and the other I forget. As I said I have them all working in game as just eye candy. It would take some good scripting tho to make it function like a tournament.

Q and I have decided we do want a combat arena, however we have not decided if we want to use the bioware model, or create something new. I am working on modeling out the next area now, that includes the arena. So we will be crossing that bridge soon.

As for a swoop track, q and I def want a swoop track race for sley. I asked SS for the one he reskinned, but he informed me that he reskinned it and got it in game, but had issues with the times. We will figure it out because we def want a swoop track.on sley.

And whoever guessed terminator was right. I spelled the club wrong tho :lol:

I love my blackberry for checking holowan :lol:

Quick comment: bioware had built 3 arenas to fight in for sley. They were actually built and left in game. I have extracted them and re created the missing walkmeshes. They are 3 diff versions. One looks like a maze arena you have to hide n seek kill in, one is a platform arena and the other I forget. As I said I have them all working in game as just eye candy. It would take some good scripting tho to make it function like a tournament.

Q and I have decided we do want a combat arena, however we have not decided if we want to use the bioware model, or create something new. I am working on modeling out the next area now, that includes the arena. So we will be crossing that bridge soon.

As for a swoop track, q and I def want a swoop track race for sley. I asked SS for the one he reskinned, but he informed me that he reskinned it and got it in game, but had issues with the times. We will figure it out because we def want a swoop track.on sley.

Yeah!!! :D

I love my blackberry for checking holowan :lol:

QFT (except for me it is the iphone)

Q and I have decided we do want a combat arena, however we have not decided if we want to use the Bioware model or create something new. I am working on modeling out the next area now, that includes the arena. So we will be crossing that bridge soon.

As for a swoop track, Q and I def want a swoop track race for Sleyheron. I asked SS for the one he re-skinned, but he informed me that he re-skinned it and got it in game, but had issues with the times. We will figure it out because we def want a swoop track on Sleyheron.

I hope you'll make the arena from scratch as you'll be able to put the whole planet in KOTOR2 at a later date, if you so desire.

And whoever guessed Terminator was right. I spelled the club wrong though :lol:

That would be me. ;)

Very petite and short update.

I've placed my filler around the area and I'm now working on a new walkmesh.

On another note I'm getting closer to the end of Dragon Age :lol:

Yes, this game is the main cause I'm not doing 3D as I use to do.

So blame Bioware, thank you. :p

I blame you partner ;)

That's it I quit! :evil6:

NOT! :lol:

You'll be glad I've been working on the walkmesh, nearly done.

I just forgot the cantina bit o_Q

But that's a minor oversight, it'll be added tomorrow or tonight.

Only trouble is my ATI drivers are fighting with Max 2010.

I easlly get sort of crashes. The driver just stops working and the VPU recover feature of ATI jumps to the rescue.

Lucky for me, nothing gets lost, but its highly annoying.

Sleheyron, the mods that created the greatest schism in the modding community :lol:

Hmm, difficult to tell how'll proceed... anyhow, at the moment its waiting for the script/story. Else me and Dis end up modelling stuff that might not be needed at all.

Would be whack to make something then have to have cut content... in content that was cut in the first place o_Q

No, no schism at all.

I, like you, invited SS to join our team. My issue is in his tone in coming back and approaching our project.

The original Sleheyron restoration was abandoned as far as we knew. I messaged you saying I thought you and I had the ability to make this planet actually happen. We came up with ideas, sketches, a general story idea etc. And in a little less than 2 months, you and I have created, and finished in game 2 in game areas of our planet.

He comes back, you and I both say we would like to have him join the team, and I get a PM with a storyline from him and ideas how we could "improve" our efficiency. I appriciated the enthusiasm, but informed him you and I already had a storyline general idea in our head, and what areas we were going to work on.

Then, in our WIP he posts an entire area he just went off and modeled, and said he hoped we would use it. I have a problem with this and it has nothing to do with this being "our project" or any kind of territorial thing. I had already told him we had an idea in our head. He did not ask what he could work on, did not ask even to explain what our idea was. He models an entire area on his own. So now were in a situation we would not have been in otherwise.

Now we either figure out how to use his area, or he has wasted his time in making and texturing it. If we do use his area, we may have to modify our idea. If we do not, he will be upset, and people will think were jerks for not using it. And now it seems were getting into some issues I A. did not expect we would have to deal with, and B. Do not want to deal with.

If he wants to restart his own project of restoring biowares vision, go for it. If he wants to be apart of this project and team, he needs to be less gung ho and communicate. You do not go off and model an entire area and expect it to be used. He has never asked me what our idea/vision/plan is, has he asked you?

To be perfectly blunt, this is not his project. It is our project. If he wants to join that so he can be included in that, he needs to work as a teammate. You and I send countless PMs back and forth everyday with ideas, comments, suggestions, images, download links, model files etc.

If this seems mean hearted, it is not. We picked up and ran with a dead project and have been doing a fantastic job IMO, and i honestly see us finishing this planet and releasing it. I do not want someone on the team who cannot work in a team. As I said in the beginning, i invited him to join us. If he can actually join us, cool.

And as an update: I will be posting renders of the third area you access from the north passage of the market later today.

Sleheyron, the mods that created the greatest schism in the modding community :lol:

Hmm, difficult to tell how'll proceed... anyhow, at the moment its waiting for the script/story. Else me and Dis end up modelling stuff that might not be needed at all.

Would be whack to make something then have to have cut content... in content that was cut in the first place o_Q

Long defensive post.

Okay, easy now Dis.

I'm certain SithSpecter isn't planning a hostile take-over for our modding project.

If SS is as a 3D nutter as I am, he continued doing models and such, though he said he was on a modding brake. No doubt this a model he already had lingering about.

Also don't forget, I said anyone could send ideas, just like Juan did.

Of course I understand your stand point Dis; this is our little puppy.

We've agreed on a certain course of action and anyone who joins, will kind of need to accept what me and you already decieded.

Well, it's not like its carved in stone, discussion is always possible.

And euh... I kinda lost track... o_Q

Let's keep our heads cool, it would be a sad affair to get a flame war over this.

SS, don't take Dis words in a wrong way, he just really loves Sleheyron, just like you do. Just drop a word okay :p

Archived