Home

The Baldur's Gate Series

Taak Farst

The text in the site source was different on the first day, it was some lore-related stuff with "he rises, better than before" or something like that. I'm pretty inclined to believe this is an HD remake. Definitely not a new game in the series, or they wouldn't have used the old player portraits for the background.

I'd be down with an HD remake, though with Baldur's Gate Trilogy and the widescreen mod, the graphics are still quite acceptable to me.

Do you really think that they'd go to all that trouble, though?

BioWare are about to wrap up one of their, if not THE, biggest game series they have ever done, with Mass Effect 3. The only other IP we are awaiting a new game from is Dragon Age. So really, I would say now would be the optimal time for a HD remake or even a 3rd BG game.

I'd be down with an HD remake, though with Baldur's Gate Trilogy and the widescreen mod, the graphics are still quite acceptable to me.
Yeah, I got that up and running on my new machine as well. Runs like a dream, and is still an epic game that trumps many current games to this day.

With 1920x1080 widescreen I don't need an iOS port. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here is what I suspect was the always the primary driver for the Enhanced Editions:

BGEE_iPad.jpg

My thoughts are that the PC versions are basically just bonuses - they get them for free essentially as the original engine was made for PC, so why not release them as well and make a little extra cash on the side?

Archived