Home

ROTNR resurrection?

ROTNR

Hey everyone ! this is Pete I haven't really posted anything in a long while do to some technical failures and not very much time, but I am thinkin about coming back and doing some modding again ! =). So, my question is, does anyone want to help me in creating a mod called ROTNR *Rise of the New Republic* ? As some of you may know, my ROTNR mod was a bit too much for me to handle by myself, seeing as I had sooooo much to do, with designing characters, new levels, storylines, and scripting, I just couldn't do it all by myself. So now, I think that it would be wise to ask the community *all thoughs willing* to help with this ROTNR project. I don't really have a storyline or anything on this, which I may get flamed for, but still it's worth asking. If you would like to participate in this mod, please PM me, chances are I will say that you can be in it haha.

*You can also Post Replies on the forum*

No need for any more skinners or writers at this point in the mod.

Please check Logan's post to see some more background info on the mod !

Things that we will for sure need:

*All Skill Levels Welcome!*

Scripters - I can script, but I would like to have 3-4+ scripters for this, seeing as IDK how much time or work is going to be needed for this.

3D Artists - I again, can do this, more so than scripting, but would like to have around 3 - 4+ artists as well. If you have renders or skins, please show some so I can make a greater decision. I am not asking that you submit your artwork, but if I do not like it, I probably won't add it and if it is terrible, you may be kicked from the team.. but that is unlikely =D !

V/O? - I am undecided about voice overs, I am not sure, they will probably be needed, so if you would like to go ahead and PM me.

Thank you all for reading. And again if you would like to be part of this, Please PM me or e-mail.

-Pete

Currently Enlisted:

1. ROTNR - All around project manager =P

2. Logan23 - Writer

3. Canderis - Skinner

4. JuniorModder - VO's/Skinner/Dialog Writer

5. Holty1-5 - Script/Dialog/Skinner

6. Gatherum - Writer/VO's

7. Dak Drexl - Skinner/Modeler

8. Te Darasuum Mandalor - VO's/Modules

Haha me 2 holty xD but anyway, we could use a dialog writer spadile, if your interested, and Te Darasuum Mandalor, we can use another v/o and someone to help make modules. So Welcome aboard Te Darasuum Mandalor. And spadile lemme know.

Hey everyone!

I have been talking to ROTNR and this mod will not be a TC in case people are wondering and not an expansion like BOS.

This mod will be using a new format.

Only team members have read about the structure of it as its being fleshed out.

The new format will be released in the coming weeks once we have it finalized.

It will be like no other kotor game or kotor mod.

Updates are coming in the near future.........:)

Logan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I'm stopping in to give you guys a quick update

We are still in pre-production and we are making some great progress.

I'm going to discuss a little about the Player character which you will play in the game and the game's setting.

First off want to mention we will be using the kotor1 game as the base to mod.

The game's setting is during the Jedi Civil War and some of the events will be happening during the same time kotor1's events are. Expect to hear NPCs talk about Taris's destruction as well as other tidbits.

The PC will be a former Jedi who fought in the Mandalorian Wars but went A-Wall during the end of the war before the battle of Malachor V. The PC was tormented by some of his actions and the deaths on his/her hands including innocent civilians. Because of this the PC decides to suppress his/her use of The Force in a direct manner such as Force powers. The PC still has the Force but has learned to keep her/him self form actively using it to solve issues. The PC will start off as a non force class at the beginning of the game but the PC will still be able to use the lightsaber.

This will be the first Mod which will allow you to play through the whole game without ever deciding to go back and reconnect with the Force. The option of reconnecting with the Force and using it in a direct manner like Force powers will be your choice and you can always decide to reconnect and use the Force powers anytime in the game.

We are working on giving perks to the player which are for those who wish to use the Force powers and those who wish to not directly use the Force in that type of manner.

The reasoning behind this is that there are those players who would love to play more of a warrior like a mandalorian type who uses combat like a soldier/guns/blades/heavy blasters and not feel that they have to be forced to become a Jedi. They can always have party members who are Force users to fill that spot on their team.

These choices will influence some of the events in the game.

That is all for now.

Feel free to ask any questions and give feedback here in the thread.

Logan

Archived