Home

Handmaiden for Fems in TSLRCM

LancerChronics

I just can't figure it out. I feel like I've tried everything to get the scene where handmaiden first shows up but I can't do it. Currently have USM and TSLRCM.

I've changed the gender boolean, no effect. (besides cutscene)

I've changed the characters actual gender via KSE, no effect.

(So in total I've tried Actual:Female/Boolean:Female, A:Fem/B:Male, A:Male/B:Male, A:Fem/B:Male)

I've modified all the relevant DLG's in the override (using "Handmaiden Choice for Females" as a reference for files I needed to alter) and flipped c_ismale into c_isfemale. I have also changed all c_isfemale into c_ismale just to be safe.

I've added all the files from the "Handmaiden Choice for Females" that do not interfere or override the USM or TSLRCM files.

I repeated the first two things in this list after making all the blasted changes and still no effect.

My only idea is that TSLRCM changes something. And that "something" it changed no longer references the holorec.dlg file where handmaiden appears. I am out of ideas, save one: The Warp Band, which lets one add handmaiden. But that would just be a band-aid, cause later on I will mostly like have problems with other DLG file I altered that should work but won't. And I miss out on the initially influence boost.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Using a new armor that replaces the "jedi armor" which looks great for females, but the design doesn't look so great for males. I also prefer to play a female character, but handmaiden is WAY cooler than disciple. And I like a Handmaiden/Visas backup team, kind of like a Ying yang.

Also, I would post on Dstoney's board for TSLRCM. but the forum seems to have been down for the last week or so. Any ideas what's going on?

tl;dr : Help! (Edit: Sorry my post is a bit everywhere, but I was really on edge as I had spent the last several hours trying to fix this with no luck.)

Edit2: another idea, though it would require me to start a new game (ugh!). Reinstall w/ TSLRCM and USM, plus all mods. Restart a a real Male Character. Switch character model/portrait to a female with the head I like. Viable?

Well, the Handmaiden Mod requires that you speak with her after you speak with Atris. I forget if TSLRCM spawns her model in the Academy after you finish with Atris, if it doesn't, that would be the problem.

Edit2: another idea, though it would require me to start a new game (ugh!). Reinstall w/ TSLRCM and USM, plus all mods. Restart a a real Male Character. Switch character model/portrait to a female with the head I like. Viable?

That will work, but you'll get constantly referred to as a Male, obviously.

Yah. Spoke to her already. Even said "If you have more questions, seek me out." Maybe I'll try talking to her again with all the changes and see if that makes something click. If not, well....I suppose I can save time with the "Skip Peragus mod....."

Edit: Ugg the more I consider it, the more depressing restarting sounds. There's gotta be a way. If only I could get back out to plateau and pretend I never entered the academy yet.

Edit2: Hmmm, that's interesting. Apparently even though I changed "Gender: GENDER_FEMALE" to male in KSE for my save file, the autosave that comes after the cutscenes on the ebon hawk shows the value has reverted back to female. That may be what's screwing this up.

Yah. Spoke to her already. Even said "If you have more questions, seek me out." Maybe I'll try talking to her again with all the changes and see if that makes something click. If not, well....I suppose I can save time with the "Skip Peragus mod....."

Edit: Ugg the more I consider it, the more depressing restarting sounds. There's gotta be a way. If only I could get back out to plateau and pretend I never entered the academy yet.

You can download a RAR Archive full of saves for TSL here:http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157988

Just check the TGA file for where the save is. I think it should be Save49 that is on the Plateau(could be wrong about that).

Edit2: Hmmm, that's interesting. Apparently even though I changed "Gender: GENDER_FEMALE" to male in KSE for my save file, the autosave that comes after the cutscenes on the ebon hawk shows the value has reverted back to female. That may be what's screwing this up.

You'd have to get Handmaiden in the party before you switch the gender, otherwise the game realizes too early that your female, and stops her from joining your party.

Yah, not sure how I could do that. I think the switch happens before. But that savegame file really helps, I'll just make a list of all my current items, delete his inventory and port mine in.

Thanks for all the help.

EDIT:

Crud....The dang altered save file won't load. It goes to about a third of the way and just hangs there. The game is still responding, but I guess its having trouble with so many changes at once. From scratch it is, I suppose.

• 2 months later...

Curious if there's been any progress on this, and if not, if someone thinks it's possible to fix for someone who has little knowledge in the field :)

I've pretty much had the disks waiting for a few weeks, the only thing holding me back from playing through with TSLRCM is this. Call me Obsessive, but I want to play with a female exile, and I LOVE the Handmaiden, both from the plot and as an awesome party member.

There's also a player gender boolean in the list of global variables. Have you done anything with that? That's probably your problem.

Archived