Home

Force Pushing in a cutscene

Okay, so I'm trying to get one character to Force Push another character across a reasonable distance.

The force push effect is working, but the problem is that it doesn't push the character very far.

Using:

ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, EffectForcePushed(), GetObjectByTag("Atton"), 0.3);

The only problem is that Atton doesn't get pushed very far... I was thinking it might have something to do with him being a high level: so I switched my party Atton with a generic NPC Atton... and it worked better... but I still don't get it?

Any ideas?

Force Wave is just a variant of Force Push, that pushes several people, no?

You'd be right about that. Its what Kreia uses on the three Masters during the Restored Academy sequence. Its probably scripted(without TSLRCM), so that Kreia doesn't run closer to the Masters, like the Exile might. Considering the distance, that might be where you want to look(though I don't know the name of the script).

You'd be right about that. Its what Kreia uses on the three Masters during the Restored Academy sequence. Its probably scripted(without TSLRCM), so that Kreia doesn't run closer to the Masters, like the Exile might. Considering the distance, that might be where you want to look(though I don't know the name of the script).

I can't decompile the script... it's something like kreia_cast

Interesting point though: why would it be able to send a non-party npc flying backwards crazily, but not a party npc?

Archived