Home

KOTOR 3 LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!! HAVE OBSIDIAN MAKE THE GAME THEY WANT TO DO IT!!!!!

RebornWookiee

Im not bagging on tor it looks like a really good game but i think it would be beneficial to make both. Obsidian wants to make KOTOR 3. Its obvious that lucasarts is making TOR to earn more profit for their company, which is entirely understandable. But I think they should let obsidian make KOTOR 3. They want to do it and what have they got to lose. Its a win win situation. If TOR fails they have KOTOR 3, if KOTOR 3 fails they have TOR. Plus they would be earning profit from both if they both succeed. Some people want TOR some people want KOTOR 3. It would satisfy both fan bases. Bioware is busy on the mmo so they might as well let Obsidian make KOTOR 3 considering they WANT TO DO IT. Anyways heres a video.

No offense dude, but this has been discussed here MANY times. Though I guess we could go through it one more time... A few things have developed since then.

You want to know what went down? Read here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/KOTOR_3

Though DO I like the taste of dude's choice of intro music with a metal redux of Simon Belmont's theme in CastleVania 4...this is pretty much the same thing we LF'ers (regardless of for or against the MMO) have been saying for awhile now. We're being ignored and many of us are moved on thinking we'll never be heard.

Look I watched the vid... there's a lot of people here on LF who agree. HOWEVER, time will only tell what happens. Part of me thinks this is a last run/grab before uncle george retires. The MMO is happening no matter what. By this point anything goes and since we've waited this long, many are turning apathetic just like the Jedi Knights series.

I daresay I have a prediction... the MMO is a layover for an undefined destination. A sort of 'wait and see'. If enough interest is generated from it as to Revan's fate, etc., I can see something happening here. Possibly a revival of whatever was being worked on.

For now, though, we play the hand we are dealt. This is getting ahead of ourselves.

Most of us are believing this MMO is the end of it b/c it's what LA wants. I'm almost afraid that if there is another release like a K3 it will be so blatantly a money grab from a half-assed re-fried BS product that it'll kill anything SW has left in it.

I know weve been talking about this for awhile i know the game was cancelled. Trust me dude im not out of the loop i know whats going on. Im just to stubborn to quit. Ive had many conversations with people just like you and i agree. But i guess ill give up. LA can shut it for all i care. They piss me off 2 much. Ignorant bastards.

unfortunately, when the current gen consoles came along, TFU filled the JK niche, and Bioware decided on an in-house title rather than KotOR III, then later went with the big money spinner MMO... There is still Hope for JK, because nothing has been made in its place, whereas Bioware have stated that tOR is KotOR III, IV, V, VI etc... so if Obsidian were to make another KotOR related game, it would have to be similar to K2, in that the events of the game had little to no impact on history or known Characters, which is kinda uninteresting to me.

I'd love an SPRPG KotOR III, but as GTA said, people have kinda learned to live with it.

RebornWookiee, I just wanted to point out the rules to you so you don't get into any trouble here. Specifically, you need to read how not to make a double post, how to use normal English instead of "IM speak" because of all our international readers, and how to use the search function so you don't start a new thread on the very same subject as someone else. We have lots of these same threads, so I'm closing this one.

Thanks.

The series is dotted with clues along each game. Obviously the developers intended to have an ending as soon as Revan's character was completed in Kotor 1. First of all, you can read in the adjacent thread that HK-47 was programmed to shut down after his master, Revan, was killed. However, in TSL you find him deactivated on the Ebon Hawk. This insinuates that he was falsely alerted of Revan's death, or since he was only patially shut down, Revan may be in cryostasis in the Unknown Regions. Next, I have heard a lot of complaints about the empty, incomplete Kotor 2. Has anybody considered they may have INTENTIONALLY left it incomplete? Maybe Kotor 3 will fill in the holes of TSL. I am also thinking that Ludo Kresh's tomb in TSL,the one where you fight a Revan vision, was showing a vision of a meeting between Revan\Exile. Bastila programmed T3-M4 to return on the Ebon Hawk to find her if any thing went wrong with Revan. Seeing as this occurs in TSL, it suggests that Revan was captured, killed, etc by True Sith. This gap, full of contradicting clues, will surely set the stage for Kotor 3, when it is released. I said when, not if.

The series is dotted with clues along each game. Obviously the developers intended to have an ending as soon as Revan's character was completed in Kotor 1. First of all, you can read in the adjacent thread that HK-47 was programmed to shut down after his master, Revan, was killed. However, in TSL you find him deactivated on the Ebon Hawk. This insinuates that he was falsely alerted of Revan's death, or since he was only patially shut down, Revan may be in cryostasis in the Unknown Regions.

A theory with some growing popularity among die-hard Revan fans currently.

Unfortunately this is speculation as nothing solid backs this up.

Next, I have heard a lot of complaints about the empty, incomplete Kotor 2. Has anybody considered they may have INTENTIONALLY left it incomplete? Maybe Kotor 3 will fill in the holes of TSL.

It's possible, however, unlikely LA cut off production early to keep from revealing too much. LA has been on a trend for milking the money cow for some time now, and has admitted as much in their rush to get TSL out by christmas 2004. More likely they were trying to bolster sales for ROTS in 2005. I know this is cynical, but that's the most likely explanation. Also, have you even played TSL? The game is obviously incomplete due to rushed production.

I am also thinking that Ludo Kresh's tomb in TSL,the one where you fight a Revan vision, was showing a vision of a meeting between Revan\Exile.
That's debatable whether it was in the past or in the future. Until there's confirmation it is merely speculation.

Bastila programmed T3-M4 to return on the Ebon Hawk to find her if any thing went wrong with Revan. Seeing as this occurs in TSL, it suggests that Revan was captured, killed, etc by True Sith. This gap, full of contradicting clues, will surely set the stage for Kotor 3, when it is released. I said when, not if.

That unfortunately still remains to be seen, how ever the clues may be arrayed. :(

Archived