Home

Pit Bulls

Tommycat

Okay, not going to drag this into a why Dogs are better than cats debate, because they just are. :D

but here's another pic of my dog Storm.

2010-05-04192902.jpg

This was Cadillac. She died shortly after this.

2010-02-17115947.jpg

Of course dogs can be destructive... This is Chevy

2010-06-18153721.jpg

Pitbulls have a bad reputation because white trash buy them by the truckload.

How about we leave racism out of this. Unless you want to call Michael Vick white trash. Lets just leave it at stupid people buy them to make themselves look tougher.

Pitbulls have a bad reputation because white trash buy them by the truckload.

Whether "white trash" is a racist term or not, this isn't really accurate. It's the dregs of every race that seem to want pit bulls for their vicious reputation (not in any way an attack on normal, decent, pit bull owners who get them because they're actually good dogs).

Whether you see them mostly in the hands of worthless white people, black people, latin people, or any other race depends solely on which particular brand of trash is more common in your area.

Pit bulls might be the nicest dawg on earth but that doesn't change the fact that they look like flabby, furry arses.

I kind of see pit bull's looks as sort of a dog equivalent of "so bad it's good" movies.

Now chinese cresteds, on the other hand, are the equivalent of "so bad it's awful" movies looks-wise (especially Sam, the world renowned ugliest dog ever.)

Sam, yes it is. "White Trash" was used by black house servants during the 1830's to describe poor white servants(whom were actually looked down on by the slaves). The use of that term is equivalent to using the N word to describe blacks. You probably wouldn't like it much if I turned it around and said "Pitbulls have a bad reputation because {n-word} buy them by the truckload."

And quite frankly IF you want to get into it, just singling out the "whites" in your argument is seriously racist. If you don't see it, you never will.

Fact is that the closest you could get to being right with that statement is "Pitbulls have a bad reputation because idiots buy them by the truckload."

Sam, yes it is. "White Trash" was used by black house servants during the 1830's to describe poor white servants(whom were actually looked down on by the slaves). The use of that term is equivalent to using the N word to describe blacks. You probably wouldn't like it much if I turned it around and said "Pitbulls have a bad reputation because {n-word} buy them by the truckload."

And quite frankly IF you want to get into it, just singling out the "whites" in your argument is seriously racist. If you don't see it, you never will.

Fact is that the closest you could get to being right with that statement is "Pitbulls have a bad reputation because idiots buy them by the truckload."

I think a better term is low-class. Regardless of race, Some of times low class people buy these dogs for there reputation of being mean and tough. Often they beat the poor animals, they deprive them of food for various lengths of time only because they are slothful, and they show them absolutely no love. That is what is breeding these beast you here rumors about.

With that said. I have heard before that pit bull have a 'killer instinct' genetically brought down through generations of dogs used in dog fights. I don't know this to be true but it does make some sense.

With that said. I have heard before that pit bull have a 'killer instinct' genetically brought down through generations of dogs used in dog fights. I don't know this to be true but it does make some sense.

Kinda. Pit Bulls(well the American Pit Bull Terrier) was selectively bred to have the most dog aggressive tendencies. BUT they had to also selectively breed out the human aggressive tendencies as well, as prior to the match they had to walk the dog through the crowd to increase bidding. Not to mention these dogs also had to live in the house with their families, as pets as well(of course this goes back to when dog fighting was as controlled as boxing is today). Yes Pit bulls have a natural tendency to be aggressive to dogs. But as for people, they are docile. Even one of the pits Vick had which was tearing through the cage and divider to get at another dog, as soon as it was in the hands of a human handler, settled down to the point you wouldn't even know it was a fighter(save for the blood).

Archived