Home

Because Digital is Obsolete

Black Knight of Keno

Yeah but weren't they like the main sect that's supposed to have won out?

Wasn't the Death Watch that came out victorious?

Besides, Mandalorians are not pacifists, period. They're not a race of people, they're an ideal. Mandalorians were supposed to be the best of the best trained warriors. They embraced war and tempered their very beings in battle. To call the pacifists Mandalorians is like calling someone who doesn't believe in the Force a Jedi. Or a Sith Lord who doesn't use the dark side.

The Death Watch in the series address the same concern, as such there is still another point of view about them.

This article on Wookiepedia explains how this happened, and I find this concern very valid.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair that's only a sect of Mandalorians. That being said, I bet a lot of people won't get that.

- PR-0927

If what I've seen is any indication, hardly anyone gets it. At least anyone who has read the Republic Commando books.

But, as others have pointed out, the fault here mostly lies with Traviss and her turning them into something they were never supposed to be in the first place. After all, she did her best to turn them into cuddly, noble space warriors with hearts of gold.

All the Clone Wars did was take it a step further and remove the 'warrior' bit.

Archived