Home

Star Wars: Fighting for Peace

XANDER'S VESSEL, OUTSIDE THE HOSPITAL, CORUSCANT

Quaver couldn't believe it. "Sit on her lap? You mean, like a three-year-old?"

Tandra smiled. "It won't be all that bad--unless you don't want to come after all." Her smile was genuine, but her eyes were worried. They seemed to be giving the message, Maybe you really should stay here at the Medical Center. I don't want you in any danger, and something tells me this armed man is either part of it or headed straight for it. She hoped her young friend got the message. Better safe than sorry, even in a psych ward.

The boy shook his head vehemently. "No way, Tandra. If you're headed for trouble, I want to be there with you. Besides, the hospital food reeks."

Again, the older woman felt light-hearted in the midst of this heavy-handed situation. She couldn't help but chuckle, because she agreed. "All right," she said. "On my lap, and if you have to use the latrine, I hope there is one aboard this vessel." She cast a meaningful look at Xander.

Once she and Quaver were strapped into the armed man's vehicle, she whispered in her fellow patient's ear. "Remember: be good, and he won't shoot." Tandra shivered, not wanting to imagine what would happen if he did.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xan just chuckled at Quaver's reaction to having to sit on Tandra's lap. He waited for the two to strap themselves in before he took off. He was surprisingly quiet as they left Coruscant's atmosphere. It wasn't until they were in space that he began to speak.

"So here's the situation. My boss and I are looking for a jedi named Lyna Honso. He hasn't been able to locate her or else he would have taken care of the situation himself. As for me, well let's just say I'm not too great at detecting people."

Xan hit a few buttons in front of him to allow an image of Lyna Honso to be displayed on a screen located on the back of his chair. He too had an image of her in front of him.

"You're able to actually communicate with the dead which is very good. I need you to try to reach out to Lyna, but don't let her detect you. I need you to find out where she currently is, and where she's planning on going."

At first, Tandra seemed to understand Xander's request, but then she blinked.

"I am able to contact and speak with the dead," she replied, "but are you sure that this Lyna Honso is dead? If she is indeed part of the spirit world--if she has gone to the other side--then her actions in that world would have no bearing on this physical one unless you chose to listen to what she has to say."

Quaver was confused, too. "Why would you care where a dead woman's going, or what she's doing, unless you're a religious fanatic or something--sir?"

Lyna met Isaac outside, and grinned. "Impressive, my friend. However, your skills may need improvement." The young woman jumped in the air towards him, using Force Speed. Using her abilities really paid off. But she didn't want to hurt the guy or anything. She just wanted to show him who was boss.

Lyna brought down her lightsabers on him, seeing what he was planning to do next. If having a sparing session met buying his and her trust together... then so be it.

Isaac didn't really respond to her words. Talking didn't solve a battle, only action did, and that is what he was looking for. Anything that fell from her lips would simply fly through the casim that was his skull at the very moment. She had some talent he would admit, but she still needed practice. As she drew her lightsabers down towards him, Isaac simply stood there waiting his position unchanging.

At the very last moment Isaac moved to the right and spun around in a circle. His activated lightsaber still gliding itself mere inches away from the back of his arm. Isaac noted that so far she was more into using her own force powers, then the other talents her body could possess if she was an exact copy of the original. As he heard the Lyna's lightsabers crash down upon the ground where he was originally standing he swung his arm around trying to hit her back with the butt of his lightsaber. This battle he had no real intention on having his blade make contact with anything, this was just a small test.

As he swung his arm around Isaac twitched his left hand and brought his second lightsaber to it bringing the butt of that lightsaber up towards her chin. Isaac was more interested in seeing if she'd use her force powers once again, or her own natural reflexes. Force powers were all well and good, but could be easily resisted given the opponent. There will possibly be times when one will have to simply rely on their own natural abilities.

Xan initially thought the two of them were just trying to get on his nerves. Then he realized that Tandra didn't know what he was talking about when he mentioned jedi. Perhaps this would be one of those times where he would have to show as well as tell. He engaged the ship's autopilot and turned himself so that he could see the two. He took on of his blaster pistols and placed it on his left hand. With his right hand he reached out for it using the force. He had some ability in moving objects but he was no expert. Within a few seconds the pistol began to float in the air. Xan could control where the pistol went with his right hand.

"You and I are have something in common Tandra, we're both force sensitive. Your "ability" is actually quite normal among force sensitives. Lyna Honso is indeed dead, however my boss detected that she was cloned. My boss, however can not exactly locate her because she might be hiding from him. You however are a complete stranger to her and we think you will be able to find her."

Xan stopped using the force and placed the pistol back at his side. He took back the controls and turned back to looking at the stars.

"The picture is there so that you have something to concentrate on."

ABOARD XANDER'S VESSEL

Instead of becoming less confused, Tandra was drawn into an even greater conundrum. "Wait a minute," she said, holding up her right palm to stop Xander from speaking further. "So, the original Lyna Honso was a Jedi, and she was either killed or died of natural causes. Thus, Lyna was cloned, and you want me to contact the other side to find out where the clone is." She closed her eyes. "Most people who want me to reach out to the world beyond this physical one have not had cloned loved ones. In this case, no matter which spirit I find, it could either be the dead Lyna or the living one. They're like mirror images of one another, if the original Lyna Honso's spirit hasn't become one with the Force altogether." She concentrated upon the picture he handed her. "That doesn't mean I won't try. It seems we have no other choice, because I don't think you intend to take us back to the Mara Jade Skywalker Memorial Medical Center anytime soon." She smiled wryly.

Concentrating upon Lyna's picture, Tandra closed her eyes and breathed deeply. Then, after a moment, she said, "Lyna? Lyna Honso?" A pause. "My name is Tandra Kerthian, and I'm...what would be called a 'medium'. I can speak with the spirits of the dead, and--no, no, don't run away..." She suddenly convulsed, as if in pain, and opened her bloodshot eyes again.

"Her spirit vanished," Tandra replied. "I can't tell whether it's the soul of the clone that I saw, or the spirit of the dead Jedi. Whichever one it was, she turned and fled deeper into the netherworld as soon as she seemed to sense who I was." She raised an eyebrow. "Why would she sense hostility in me? I wasn't trying to harm her."

((Atlast, after long waiting: Cade's intro ^.^))

It was pouring with rain over the expanding cities of Zeltros. Night brought about the illumination of the skyscrapers, flying speeders and the population below living within amongst the atmosphere of leisure and corruption.

Atop of a tall building, stood the dark knight wearing a heavy exoskeleton powersuit glowing with blue streaks and defining shoulder pads. His face was covered with a black helmet, bearing features similar to that of Mandalorian design.

He held his sniper rifle, the scope eyeing the sexual predator hunting amongst the alley ways. His specialities ended with drug trafficing and slave trading. Reaper had been hunting him for weeks.

The stalking Zeltron took a glance at a passing bystander. It was when he moved his foot, Reaper fired his sniper rifle. The bolt casted through the rain and pierced through the Zeltrons heart. Reaper stood up and disasembled his sniper rifle. The local authorities would deal with the body - at he didnt pose as a threat any longer.

Nobody had ever seen Reaper's real face under his helmet. It was hard to tell what he was thinking, and feeling. But his mind pondered over the death of his beloved comrade, Lyna Honso: whom had died face-to-face against Darth Sethos; Master of the Imperial and Sith Empire. But that was a long time ago. Reaper was a different person...

((Sorry for taking long, peeps. And welcome back, PK! :D ))

The young clone was on the ground, hurting a little. "He's good, I gotta admit. But not as good as me!" Before his lightsabers could touch her, she jumped out of the way quickly, not even using the Force. She relied on it... but she knew she had to trust her natural abilities as well.

She deativated her lightsaber and placed it on her utility belt. Then she clenched her fists and stood in a defense stance. "C'mon, Isaac. Surely you can beat me in a hand-to-hand combat." Lyna knew that she had to get back to her mission on finding Cade and Sethos... but if proving her skills to Isaac meant getting trust, then it was fine by her.

(Meanwhile)

Rav was in his chamber, contacting an old apprentice. One that he liked and disliked. After the hologram came through, Rav grinned. "Well, well. If it isn't Reaper. Or that's what you call yerself nowadays, after the you-know-what." He laughed. Then he said, "I got a job for you, myo buckee..."

Issac grinned a little Lyna was underestimating him, all of this now how ever was not advancing them any further to what could be their common goal. Issac placed his right handed saber back on his belt holster that was behind him. While his left handed one disappeared up his sleeve. For a little humor sake on his part however Issac raised his hand and tapped lightly upon his right cheek as a sign that maybe she should check hers. She still had a lot to learn, and moving more quickly was one of them. The mark itself was not blood or anything, but simply a red mark from what she moved Isaac had adjusted himself just enough that the end of his lightsaber would graze her cheek leaving a small scratch.

"I assume you have a ship. We have wasted enough time with this game. We've already drawn enough attention to ourselves." Issac said that last part as he looked around, some people watching in fear and fascination.

ABOARD XANDER'S VESSEL

Quaver leaned inward toward his friend, putting his wrinkle-less hand upon her older one. "Tandra?" he said gently. "Are you okay? You seem a little out of it." She had been staring into space after receiving only silence as an answer to her comment. The woman immediately snapped back to life, as if out of a trance.

"Sorry, sorry!" She bit her lower lip nervously. "I do that sometimes when I go into these altered states of consciousness. I don't always 'come back out' in the blink of an eye. Thanks for bringing me back to reality, Quaver." She smiled and then sighed. "I might be losing my touch, but I don't think so. A more likely scenario is that the spirit I was trying to contact doesn't want to be found."

Reaper returned to his headquaters/safe house. It was an old apartment building by the river side, that had been abandoned for some time. Reaper and his collegues managed to resurect the place by restoring electricity using Solar Panels and Hydroelectrical Generators. It was also fortified with sentry guns and a security defence system.

Reaper returned to his chambers. Just as he was about to remove his helmet, he heard a constant beeping from the holographic portable terminal. He switched it on, to see a projection of Rav; one of his old ties.

"Well, well. If it isn't Reaper. Or that's what you call yerself nowadays, after the you-know-what."

Reaper crossed his arms, unimpressed. "I got a job for you, myo buckee..."

"Cut the crap! I hardly have the time, nor patience to deal with you. Get to the point..."

Lyna gently touched her cheek as well. A little scratch, nothing big. Maybe she needed more training. But after the original Lyna died, this clone was twice as skillful than the old Lyna. Still, a little more training would do.

The young woman glanced around, seeing crowds of people as well after watching their sparring. She then turned to Isaac. "You're right. Let's get going." She turned to walk towards the landing platform, where she left her ship, Justice, at.

(Meanwhile)

Cut the crap! I hardly have the time, nor patience to deal with you. Get to the point..."

Rav chuckled darkly. "Same as always too. I've been having problems with this one smuggler. She's been stealing my shipments and I want it to end. So I figured: if I asked you for the job, you'd probably want it. The bounty: 100,000 creds." He showed Reaper the picture of the smuggler. She had long blonde hair, fair skin, and red goggles on. "She goes by the name of Midnight. Find her and you get your creds, lad."

"Same as always too. I've been having problems with this one smuggler. She's been stealing my shipments and I want it to end. So I figured: if I asked you for the job, you'd probably want it. The bounty: 100,000 creds."

Reaper stared long at the image Rav had displayed. An image of a girl, with the same face and blonde hair but wore Red Goggles. ...That face... it couldnt possibly...

"She goes by the name of Midnight. Find her and you get your creds, lad."

"Maybe theres a good reason why she's taking your shipments; your not exactly the type of person whom distributes baby bottles to human colonies. For all I know, she could be doing everybody else a favour..." Reaper crossed his arms. "I want to know whats in the shipments, if I am going to bother helping you."

Isaac waited for Lyna to walk pass him, and once she was a couple steps in front of him he began walking behind her. His eyes watched Lyna's back as he considered asking a question that seemed vital, something that her previous life seemed to have failed to understand, or at least that was his assumption anyways.

"So tell me Lyna" he said as they walked "Are you able to do what is necessary to win? To defeat you enemy?"

ABOARD XANDER'S VESSEL

"In the netherworld of the Force," Tandra explained slowly, hoping against all hope that Xander wouldn't try to murder her if he was not pleased with the information she had to offer, "it is hard to pinpoint the exact location of spirits. Everything shifts, changes, and is in constant motion, including the souls who have become one with the energy that permeates all of life. When I saw Lyna, she seemed to be in the middle of a bunch of phantom skyscrapers. I'm sorry if that's not much help, but as I said, she fled. She didn't want to talk to me."

Xan placed a hand on his head and let out a loud sigh. It looked like he would have to find Lyna the old fashion way. He could start with the planet where Sethos first fought Lyna. Then again there were two other planets he had in mind as well. First there was Ossus. This was the planet where the original Lyna had been killed. This was also the location of the "Ysanna Tribe" as Sethos had told him. Then there was Kamino; the last known location of the clone of Lyna.

He'd either have to deal with despressing kaminoians, or a saddened and mysterious tribe. He could try sympathizing with the tribe over the loss of Lyna...but how? He looked at Tandra, and then at Quaver. A large smile appeared on his face, even though no one could see it. He punched in the coordinates to Ossus.

"We're going to be paying a visit to the Ysanna tribe on Ossus. As her family members, I think you deserve to know what happened to her," Xan said to the two.

He was certain that Tandra would be confused by this statement, but he was also certain Quaver would get what he meant by that.

((Was somewhere guys. Sorry I took long. >< ))

"Maybe theres a good reason why she's taking your shipments; your not exactly the type of person whom distributes baby bottles to human colonies. For all I know, she could be doing everybody else a favour..." Reaper crossed his arms. "I want to know whats in the shipments, if I am going to bother helping you."

Rav grinned. "Well, since you were my best bounty hunter, lad... I'll tell ya. My boys and I are trying to trade weapons and supplies with the Imperials of Marasiah Fel's Empire. Ya know her father died by the hands of Darth Sethos, right? So, we try to be... supprotive. Convince ya, boy?"

(Meanwhile)

"So tell me Lyna" he said as they walked "Are you able to do what is necessary to win? To defeat you enemy?"

Lyna walked in front and looked down. "Yes. I had training with Master Tapps and a few friends of his. But it's not about winning. It's about how much effort you put into winning." Moments later, they finally reached Justice.

"I really want to rid Sethos. But... would the old Lyna kill her own grandfather?" She sighed, and opened the ramp.

(Meanwhile, in the Netherworld...)

The spirit of Lyna sat on a rock, thinking.

"What is it, my child?" her mother, Sasha, asked.

Lyna shook her head. "There was a woman... who tried to contact me. A living woman. But... I felt something wrong. So I fled. As if... a distrubance in the Force called to me..."

Isaac just continued to follow Lyna, not really paying attention to their exact current location. All Isaac could do was shake his head at her response, she obviously had more to learn than she realized. Hopefully her head wasn't as thick as others like her. hopefully she was one willing to learn, to absorb the knowledge others were willing to pass on to her. If not then she was surely doomed to repeat the mistakes of the life before.

"Effort is one thing. But it also takes drive and motivation. If you do not have to will to do what is necessary then you will fail, and you will die." Isaac said to her in a cold serious tone "Sethos stopped being her grandfather the moment he embraced the darkside and killed her. Actions make family, not blood."

Taking a deep breath in Isaac slowly released it through his nose as he closed his eyes trying to find his composure once again. His annoyance he could feel was growing a little. You can't always protect the ones you love, and you can't always save everyone. sacrafises are necessary this was something Isaac had grown familiar with in his lifetime.

"Well, since you were my best bounty hunter, lad... I'll tell ya. My boys and I are trying to trade weapons and supplies with the Imperials of Marasiah Fel's Empire. Ya know her father died by the hands of Darth Sethos, right? So, we try to be... supprotive. Convince ya, boy?"

"I suppose the Fel Empire needs the anything it can get to combat against the Sith." Reaper crossed his arms, while staring at Rav through his helmet. "Very well... send me any leads I can chase down."

He paced around the room, processing the image of the girl in his head. It couldnt be Lyna - he went to her funeral. He witnessed her burial. It might be just a pure coincidence that this girl has a remarkable resemblance to her.

He walked towards the hologram of Rav, with a troubling smile on the pirates face. "Rav, if I find anything else other than bibi guns, my blaster will speak before you have the chance to scream for help."

Reaper cut off the transmission, and the hologram disapeared. He uploaded the details of the bounty to his datapad.

ABOARD XANDER'S VESSEL

As her captor had expected, Tandra was undoubtedly perplexed by what he had just announced. "Wait a minute," she interjected. "I don't even know--"

Quaver, sitting on her lap, had a better and more worldly grasp of the situation. There was a conniving gleam in his almost-transparently-clear eyes. It was one of the many things that made most human beings utterly terrified of him. "Relax," he said with a smirk. "We're not her family, but while we're on Ossus visiting this so-called Ysanna tribe, we're going to pretend to be members of her family. Ponim'?" he asked, using a terse slang word meaning "Understand?" He then winked at his companion.

"O-kay, I understand," Tandra said slowly, "but that doesn't mean I like it. Lying to people and masquerading as her own flesh and blood? I don't even know what we're after, besides Lyna, or what we're going to be after if we find out any information. For all I know, our captor's boss may be Sith!"

Quaver squeezed Tandra's right wrist as hard as he dared, making it tingle with the momentary loss of circulation. You better shut up, Tandra, his eyes said. If you're right, then he'll totally kill us--or have us killed.

Xan couldn't help but chuckle at Tandra's response. She didn't know how right her statement actually was. Xan had some type of heart though. If she and her little friend did their job well on Ossus then he might be more persuaded to let them stay with him, rather than take them both to Sethos.

"We're gonna have to get our facts straight here if were gonna pull this off. First off, Tandra, you are Lyna's aunt on her father's side. Quaver that make's you Tandra's son as well as Lyna's cousin. My boss informed me that key members in the tribe are on Lyna's mother's side. The planet has just recently seen a battle, but the people were looking for should still be there. Just remember, Lyna is a dear family member to you so make it convincing," Xan said to them.

Xan was actually somewhat glad he agreed with letting Quaver come with them. Not only was the boy a quick learner, but was proving to be very useful. Tandra on the other hand could go either way. Perhaps a bit of time outside that hospital will do her some good.

"We've got about two hours before we reach Ossus. I'd take this time to sleep, you two have been through a lot today," Xan said with a light laugh as he was the cause of it.

ABOARD XANDER'S VESSEL

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," said Quaver abruptly, raising both his hands in sudden surrender. He looked at Tandra pointedly. "I'm your kid?!" He absolutely could not believe what he'd gotten himself into. First, he'd been abducted by this armed thug that he couldn't help but secretly admire, and now this? It was almost as if fate were conspiring against him--or for him, now...

"It appears that way," Tandra said slowly. "Son, welcome aboard on a one-way trip to Crazytown." She backpedaled. "Uh, I mean crazier than the very circumstances from which we've been so unexpectedly liberated."

"Gotcha." Quaver gave her a thumbs-up sign. "Seriously, though. I wish you could have been my mom. Not only are you hot--I mean, for a forty-year-old and all that--but you're also nice. You're the only one who dared to look me in the eye on my first day in the looney bin. 'Medical facility', I mean. The others just turned and made like they were trying to run away, in which case I can't blame 'em. Scaredy-cats is what they were, and you're not. Thanks, Mom." He tousled Tandra's hair, just as any normal ten-year-old child might.

"Thanks...son," replied Tandra with an uneasy smile, trying to get used to the image that had just been projected full-blast on her mind's holoscreen. "I must say you're disturbing, but I don't mean that in a bad way. Now, let's do as this man says and get some shut-eye. There are bedrolls in the main hull."

This time Quaver groaned. "Yes, Mother." This set them both to laughing. As they retreated toward the main hull, he felt Tandra give his hand a squeeze.

He didn't mind that. The only things his real parents gave him were beatings.

"Rav, if I find anything else other than bibi guns, my blaster will speak before you have the chance to scream for help."

"Crystal," Rav said with a cocky grin. Then the hologram went off.

(Meanwhile)

"Effort is one thing. But it also takes drive and motivation. If you do not have to will to do what is necessary then you will fail, and you will die." Isaac said to her in a cold serious tone "Sethos stopped being her grandfather the moment he embraced the darkside and killed her. Actions make family, not blood."

After going inside the ship, Lyna stopped, and turned to Isaac. She sighed.

"Guess you're right. Maybe I do need a little more training, huh? But like I said, I'm not like Lyna. I'm sure that the old Lyna had a bright heart and spirit. Me... I'm just a clone trying to find answers. To defeat Sethos is one thing. But finding Cade Skywalker as well... is really important. Somehow, this guy and the old Lyna had a relationship. And since I keep having memories of him the most... I want to find him. To understand what the old Lyna felt about him..."

She went to the cockpit, where Cyan the binjinphant slept at.

Archived