Home

Back To The Music

daltysmilth

Who else was extremely happy with the score to the first episode of BTTF? I was. It was close to the style of the movies while still being original (though I think there were a couple of places where there was some brief dropping of the needle, as it were, but fortunately not enough that it distracted from the rest of the soundtrack.) I believe this is some of Jared's best work yet, and though it might have been just a little bit better if he'd gotten to use a full orchestra, it doesn't suffer from the lack of it. The real instruments he did use were sufficient to make it sound authentic. Overall, I'd give it a 95 out of 100, and only because of the lack of a full orchestra. And I look forward to the latest release of the Telltale Music Extractor so I can start making a full soundtrack for the game.

I liked most of Jared's work on BTTF... sometimes though the synths were too obvious, especially when interwoven with the original soundtrack cues. Those on the other hand were used very well... I don't think the BTTF fanfare could've been re-created appropriately by Jared (at least not on a TTG-budget), so I didn't mind the use of those bits (especially since I LOOOOOVE Silvestri's work... and not only on BTTF).

I hope Benny will add support to the game to the Music Extractor soon, so that I can take a closer listen to the tracks.

• 1 month later...

Archived