Home

Casey Anthony case vnd verdict

Darth Avlectus

http://news.yahoo.com/anthony-trial-lack-evidence-good-defense-000636253.html

Not even sure why I'm bringing this up besides the sheer amount of disgust this subject/case provokes.

I'm just linking this one because it was convenient. It's been all over the news. You probably as much as I have wanted this to be over. Now it's over.

This whole thing is just...disheartening no matter how you toss it. Regardless your feelings on the matter or what you may think despite the facts, or very well in spite of the facts, the ruling is constitutional. For better or worse.

The sad thing is that a little girl is dead and has been. No justice done for her.

I think I'm going to be sick.

Thoughts?

I was so proud of Kavar's for not having a thread on the topic.:giveup:

:xp:

I found it silly to have political motivations make the prosecutors seek the death penalty in this case. That just added to their burden of proving to the jurors guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Let us remember that the jury did not say that Casey Anthony was innocent. The verdict only says that the prosecutors did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt to those jurors.

I've tried to ignore this as much as humanly possible (and have mostly succeeded), but have seen some of the wrap up commentary and mim and Q have summed it up succinctly enough. They might have gotten her on a lesser charge or had they opted for a non-capital punisment strategy. So, I guess the lesson here is.....if you can't do the time, do the crime in FL. :xp:

It maybe that the prosecution overshot the mark in seeking the death penatly for Casey Anthony. Maybe if the prosecutors just simiply stuck with manslaughter and child neglect charges, which usually gives a sentence of 30 years maximum in prison, they might have won the trial. The jury might have gone with that, believing it to be a reasonable sentence, since the defense kept saying it was and accident that snowballed out of control. Seems like the prosecution was really reaching hard in proving murder, when the evidence they presented was barely enough to prove much of anything. Like the lead prosecutor said at the news conference after the jury verdict, (I'll paraphrase in short) "it was a dry bones case and very hard to prove something when there is very little DNA evidence left to go on", so it was obviously a very difficult case for them.

Also, I think the fact that Casey's parents lied about a few things in trial didn't help the prosecution much. Her mother threw a bomb in thing when she tryed to say that she was the one who did the internet search on chloraform. And the father was trying awfully hard to hide his infidelity on the witness stand, which probably made the jury think that he did have an affair with another witness(can't think of her name right now) and that she did tell the truth about George saying that it was an accident. So with her parents making false statements and trying to hide certain facts like that, it probably gave support to the defense team's statement of a disfunctional family. And the jury probably thought that was why Casey Anthony lied or lies so much, because she learned the act of lying from her parents.

^^^I agree totally. And it would now appear that she is a scheming sociopath. From dire and needy, to having been sexually abused, to disavowing and dismissing.

Far be it from me to advocate eugenics of any kind, but when watching this it isn't hard to see why some think "the world would be a much better place if people like her could not breed" and be okay with it.

It certainly tests my faith, with no mercy.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived