Home

Weapon model overhaul project

Toasty Fresh

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might I suggest to combine all your guns into one big pack? :p

Or are you waiting till all of it's done?

Fantastic work on all of these. It's very nice to be able to play the game as it was, but prettier ^_^

Though I wouldn't mind using gun models you invented yourself, seing the quality of your work ;)

I'm almost finished on my current KoTOR playthrough, and I will want them done before I start another TSL playthrough. So hopefully I'll be able to iron out any issues and convert everything to TSL very soon. Of course not everything will be replaced, such as a few of the new melee weapons in TSL like the staves, plasma torch, and axes. Maybe in a future update, but not this month anyway. Also, I would not have my hopes up for any of the low priority stuff that I have listed at the start of the thread. I don't think the effort is really worth it, for various reasons.

So yes, once everything is finished, it will be released in a pack for each game.

Holdout Blasters done, download here

TSL beta release, download here

Some weapons are missing and there are a few bugs, but I wanted to get something out since it's been a while since the last release. I have been working on TSL weapons over the sonic rifle, and it's been a bit more difficult than I expected because there seem to be more weapon models than there are weapons, meaning I have to spend a while figuring out what model file is used for what weapon.

Ah, so you got some of the swords working. Nice! :)

Oh, and while some model variations may not seem used, there are in fact several that are used only in prop weapons carried by NPCs, which are not available to the player but still appear in the game. For example, the model for the standard blaster rifle has been changed to model variation 3, but several NPCs carry model variation 1.

TSL beta release, download here

Some weapons are missing and there are a few bugs, but I wanted to get something out since it's been a while since the last release. I have been working on TSL weapons over the sonic rifle, and it's been a bit more difficult than I expected because there seem to be more weapon models than there are weapons, meaning I have to spend a while figuring out what model file is used for what weapon.

goodness! an instant download then .... :emodanc:

P.S. nice job with those sonic pistols, a subtle but noticable improvement of the original models and texture/s.

perfect work. love that models & textures.

but i have 2 questions.

are the sonic rifles on the way?

will you work on your "low priority"

weapons too?

Yes, they will be done eventually. As for the low priority stuff, no, probably not. Unless I decide to do them in the future, they won't be included in this mod.

dude ... toasty dude ... :lol: ... after dropping the 8 w_bowcstr_00x.xxx files into my TSL Override, I do see the Ceremonial bowcaster model replaced, but NOT the War bowcaster ...

don't know yet if there are other bowcaster models for TSL.

is the War bowcaster depending on 001 files?? :)

thx alot for TSL beta pack, I'll report if more issues show-up :thmbup1:

P.S. hoping to see Sonic Rifles replacement ASAP!

Could be Obsidian switched the model variations around. They did that a lot.

And while we're reporting "issues", I think some of the vibroswords lost their UVW mapping. Model variations 1 through 3 appear to be fine, but the others aren't mapped.

Love the vibroswords and vibroblades, by the way! I hadn't gotten a proper look at them in K1 before. Nice. :)

Sonic rifle

6r9Bv.jpg

@GeorgNihilus, This is what I meant by unique versions of weapons missing models. I should explain this a little better. In K1, you could easily tell which weapon model was assigned to which weapon. w_blstrrfl_001, which is the standard blaster rifle, uses w_blstrrfl_001.mdl, which is very easy to understand. The weapon name instantly tells me what model it uses. With TSL, the standard blaster rifle is now called w_brifle_04, and it uses w_blstrrfl_003.mdl. Almost every weapon in the game is like this. So the problem is that trying to figure out what weapon model each weapon uses is basically down to trial and error; replacing each individual weapon model with a new model, and finding out what weapon that's actually replacing.

If anyone could tell me how to find out what model weapons use without doing this, using KoTOR tool or something, I'd be incredibly grateful and it would speed this project up very much.

And while we're reporting "issues", I think some of the vibroswords lost their UVW mapping. Model variations 1 through 3 appear to be fine, but the others aren't mapped.

This is just the textures being replaced, but the models not being replaced. I am sorry, I should have deleted that texture before I uploaded the mod.

If this bothers you, simply go to your override and delete w_vbroswrd_004.tga and it will appear as it originally did in vanilla TSL.

If anyone could tell me how to find out what model weapons use without doing this, using KoTOR tool or something, I'd be incredibly grateful and it would speed this project up very much.

I'll get started on a list. Do you need the names of the weapons too?

Archived