Home

HeadFixer1.0b released!

VarsityPuppet

Wow, awesome news Varsity!!! I'll try and check out your new little program. Sounds like a really sweet little handy exe to have ;)

Things have been quiet busy of late in my life. Modding has taken a back seat. Though I hope to get back on track soon.

Hey guys

Just wanted to let you all know that I made a program to help with that whole hex editing part of compiling head models.

If you're interested, the download thread is here

I've detached Atris' head

Made a new Revan Head

Layne Staley head

Visas Unmasked head

C'mon you modelers, where the new heads at?

So, hypothetically, one could detach a head from a full-body model and get it working as a new head model with your (shiny) new tool? Sounds as impressive as I think the invention of the wheel must have been. :thmbup1:

So, hypothetically, one could detach a head from a full-body model and get it working as a new head model with your (shiny) new tool? Sounds as impressive as I think the invention of the wheel must have been. :thmbup1:

Yessir. Still needs some modeling savvy though, but it's not too hard. You have to Import - Merge the corresponding head mesh and bones into a scene with just a basic head. Delete the old, put in the new, make sure everything is placed properly according to the Aurorabase. Export, compile, Headfixer.

Easier said than done though. If it gets to be too difficult, I may just have to make a tutorial, but I hope it doesn't come to that.... cuz I'm lazy :p

Sounds like a really sweet little handy exe to have.

It's a jar file. You need JRE to run it. I am not proficient enough in C yet :p

Didn't think it would be too big of a deal since stoffe has made a few in Java and JDNoa has too. But if it becomes an issue, I'll see what I can do about a C# version.

It's a jar file. You need JRE to run it. I am not proficient enough in C yet :p

Didn't think it would be too big of a deal since stoffe has made a few in Java and JDNoa has too. But if it becomes an issue, I'll see what I can do about a C# version.

Nah, it ain't a big deal. Most modding tools, like Kaurora, MDLops etc... needed some extra files and support for Windows to run properly. So this isn't something new to me ;)

Besides you've posted a link to the required stuff to run your tool. People just need to read your post properly to get it to work. :)

Congrats and many thanks for another awesome tool!

You could fully model an entirely new head. Although, keep in mind that I've not cracked the code for danglymeshes, though HeadFixer should theoretically fix them if the model was compiled correctly.

About to check a new head model from Kelvin right now to test that theory though... so, cross your fingers!

Archived