Home

Desperately Need Help with the Forsaken Den

CrisG

OK, i am at my wits end...have been trying for five hours to get that last Bladeweilder in the Forsaken Den, i was at level six so i went back to the start area and harvested the Fleshraiders for about two hours to buy med packs and build up my xP to Level 7

but i cant make the final kill he is a level 10 and there is no way in heck i can do him in before he kills me again and again. Can anyone please give me some advice.? the only skills i have are minimal and dont do squat to really affect him. My sword is the practice saber ...and i have not been allowed buy heavy armor, so all i have are the light things....which are useless against him.

I am trying the free trial this weekend because i hoped to see enough of the game to decide to buy it. but so far still on this stupid merryground with that one boss. he is WAY to strong for this stage of the game or i am just too dumb to know what to do. is there any strategy or way to kill him off..or do i have to just keep grinding the flesh raisders until i level up to 10?

please advise. and thanks.

- What level is your character?

- What level is the mission when you look at it in your mission log? There are colours associated with mission difficulty. Red = Much too difficult, Orange = Difficult, Yellow = Just right, Green = Easy, Grey = Way too easy.

- Are there missions on your list which are easier to complete than this one which you haven't completed yet?

I find that the origin world planets in this game are EXTREMELY well balanced and that by the time you leave it you'll be between lv10-12 depending on how many extra things you killed.

Of course this is provided that you do every single mission on the planet and skip none of them.

A lv7 vs a lv10 does seem like a bit of a gap so if you have other missions on your log that are easier, do those and then come back to this one, but at the same time it is possible for you to complete the level if it isn't listed as Red on your mission log.

My character is 7...not sure about the mission, i did not see any colour coding in the list, just the titles of the missions. I skipped a few other missions but this one is part of the main story line so i dont think it can be skipped, you need to finish it to get the next communicator message to advance the story line. sigh.

i believe it when you say we will end up with level 10 at the end of this planet,....i picked human.....i guess i will try again tomorrow and do the other missions and see if that helps me advance, i am tired out from the frustration of trying to get past this one point, it takes the fun out of the adventure to have such a hard wall to keep hitting. I was able to clean out the Den of 9 of the other enemies. I find the bit where you die for 9 minutes until you can be revived a bit tiresome too, it just take the fun out .....but i understand there has to be some kind of penalty..i was just really enjoying the story up to this point so i guess i will just have to take whatever steps i can to get past this.

I wonder if other people have had a hard time with this one..it is pretty extreme...but thanks a lot for the reply i appreciate it.

I will check the colour coding tomorrow when i go back in. for now, i need a break after two days of solid gaming.

Over all i would say it looks like they did a pretty fantastic job on this game....the cinematics and the feeling of the start and the quality of the world graphically are remarkable to say the least.

In five Hours you can easily be level 14, and exploring the galactic capital... By skipping quick and easy quests and going for what could be the highest level quest on the planet, you have given yourself more stress than a Tutorial world should ever give you. In an hour or less you could easily pop back and take the extra missions and reach 10 bud. They're are no real short-cuts at this early stage in the game.

Firstly i am NOT Bud, thanks. secondly i did NOT skip the easy quests, i avoided the ones that seemed hard. The badlands north of the village teemed with baddies that had to be fought over and over and over, boring as heck. literally every cave had the same repeated fights and they got harder and harder without any equal upgrade in my skills available or the good any of the skills i have do, none of them realy help in a fight, they last for five to twenty seconds and that is it and the med packs can only be used ONce and then you ahve to wait 90 seconds for the next one so they are no use either.

the diffculty scale is HIGH and the easy path to the capital may exists in your game but not in the one we rest of us play.

As I said in my post, the origin worlds are all pretty well balanced provided you do all of the quests on that planet and not skip any. I've also found that there's a logical order you go through with these quests which is basically just completing everything in the area and moving on to the next area which the game leads you to through the next class quest.

I looked up the quest you were talking about and to be honest, I don't really know what other advice to give. Everything on Tython is pretty simple if you just go through and do everything in all of the areas. The experience points you get from turning in quests and doing bonus objectives in those quests (pretty much all of which can be completed as you do the quest normally) will level you up pretty easily.

If all else fails, you could just ask for help from one of the other players that are on Tython, I'm sure someone would be nice enough to help out.

OK thanks appreciate that re the bud part...

ok, re the quests, i have gone back to the start and loaded up on Med Packs and XP and am close to level 8 now, i will go to the village and do two other quests and finish another that i had hanging and see if that helps out..

since i am playing the frree trial, i cant chat, chat is disabled so i wont be able to ask for any help sorry.

i will keep trying, need to take a break now, i am weary of harvesting Fleshmosters....

and as i said, I am really impressed by this game so far, but i do think possibly there is hole in the tutorial aspect for if people are NOT moitivated and or really skilled at fighitng games, they wont make it past this stage, i am determined as I have studied and modded many of the SW games and have had high hopes for this one, but i do feel the wall is a bit high so far...but....we will see what doing more quests can do.

With my Jedi Guardian, there were only two bosses I had trouble with on Tython. One was an elite somewhere at the end (which, actually, is an optional/bonus fight) and one of the Flesh Raiders. Don't know if it was the one you're talking about, but it doesn't matter. As Lynk said, it's best to complete quests from one town, then move on to the next. Also, do the bonus quests, they yield a good amount of exp. Especially do the bonus quests which work in stages, as they yield exp after every stage completed and an extra big amount of exp when you turn it in. If you do all that, you should always be at a higher level than your story quests.

Make sure you regurarly replace your gear with better gear, as well. It can make the difference between success and failure. It must be said, though, this depends on the specific classes. My Bounty Hunter blazed through Hutta, its starter planet, without much difficulty and without having to upgrade his gear every level. On the other side, I found it best to gear up my Jedi Guardian as best as I could even on Tython.

Thank you all, i did the quests and as you all reccomended it rounded me up to Level 10, now i am in Corescant and much appreciate the help.

I did get lost in the Space ports..they are HUGE...this entire game is like a dream come true, simply amazing!

Thank you all again, made it into the Capital and am really enjoying it, i am going to sign up for the game, and just ordered the Collectors Edition as a Founder, well worth it, i would say this is perhaps the first MMORPG that really lives up to both the story and the potential of the medium. They did not cut any corners..and the game engine is remarkable for the traffic and amount of work it does...

finallyadecentcompanion.jpg

great that will be fun to be with people from here....my copy of the game will get here in a few days and i will check out the guilds too thanks. I have tested and been part of MMORPGs in the past but it is hard coming in cold not knowing anyone so thanks a lot. It sure is amazing what they have achieved. Remarkable.

Glad to hear you've got through Tython and intend to keep playing :)

I too need to roll a toon on Vornskr... Its the other side of the world to me and their Prime-time is my Sleep-time, But My Level 50 is in Hibernation until update 1.2, so now is a good time to try.

Wow Level 50! that seems ...well a long way away for me :)

thanks... i am going to study and review from my copy of the Farlander Papers and other SW docs to refresh my memory and get ready.... and I still have a lot to learn about the skills and technical side of the game. thanks to all for the posts and very generous help. And you were totally right about the way I needed to focus on the quests when i was stuck in the Den, thanks again....much appreciated.

Archived