Home

Fan made KotOR game

colshin

This seems awesome! I've always wanted to create my own KotOR 3 however, naturally, I don't have the patience (and I rage quit a lot with drawing sprites) to do so and 99% of my projects turn out dead a month or two after I start working on them.

On that note I'd be happy to contribute to this, if you need an extra programmer, I'd be happy to fill in (Never used LOVE2D or coded with Lua, but I have had some experience with C++, quite a bit with GML and AS2 so learning Lua shouldn't be too hard). Also I do have some experience with Blender as well.

Well heres something I whipped up in blender yesterday. It hasn't been textured properly and not to mention the lighting around it doesn't make it 100% clear. Its not the best, but I'm trying to improve my own 3D modelling skills.

0kdq.png

• 3 weeks later...
That's right, I thought myself capable of making a 3D version of the project. And so far, it all goes smoothly. So far, only the open-source and cross-platform tools were used, as usual. As for the models, I'm using KotOR ones strictly for testing purposes and it will be a relatively easy task to replace them with my own models (which I've already done on a few occasions). THIS IS NOT A MOD, IT'S A COMPLETELY NEW GAME WITH A DIFFERENT GAMEPLAY AND FEATURES NOT PRESENT IN KOTOR. Of course we're still keeping the 2D version, just in case we'll have to revert (also, NOSTALGY), but I don't really see it happening.

Thanks for the reply. I don't intend to give offense, but the possibility of 3D play just made me seriously interested in this project. Before I was interested in the "Can it be done?" aspect, but now it's the "I wanna play!" aspect.

• 2 months later...

Archived