Home

Easy light maps question...I hope?

There's nothing wrong with experimenting yourself; when me and Q started advancements in area mods the majority of the work was just testing theories; from what I remember I don't think the game actually loads information from TXI's on lightmaps purely because they are simply for light effect - that said there are many scenes with flashing lights so I suggest digging into those modules and seeing what you can find? Maybe just pick a module room and try replacing the lightmap texture, animating it and seeing if there's any effect?

There's nothing wrong with experimenting yourself; when me and Q started advancements in area mods the majority of the work was just testing theories; from what I remember I don't think the game actually loads information from TXI's on lightmaps purely because they are simply for light effect

Well, I checked some files in the lightmaps section of KT for K1 and found .txi files with "is lightmap 1" at the top...

Well, I checked some files in the lightmaps section of KT for K1 and found .txi files with "is lightmap 1" at the top...

Funny that you should mention that ;). I have been doing some experimenting and I believe (extra emphasis on the word "believe") we should be able to add custom lightmaps as invisable placeables... Ill get back to you.

Archived