Home

HK-47 "DOMINATOR" RESKIN

HK-47 DOMINATOR RESKIN

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/524789zwreabvk6/HK47_Dominator_Reskin.rar

Dominator.png

Had some issues with the last reskin :headbump!!! BUT I DO NOT GIVE UP THAT EASY LOL! So I spent my day off creating this bad boy from scratch WOOT! ENJOY! Seriously perv this bad boy, the detail on high graphics setting is amazing, phantoms in the paint, screamer faces, and the coup' de grace is a secret... So if you already downloaded you may want to check again, I figured out how to animate the textures on the model, a.k.a EPIC MOD! DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD!!!! All bugs fixed in texture, you have to see it!!!

Loving this, as for .txis, I don't have much experience but they can be used to animate for definite. Make the targa with each frame of the animation next to each other, like a gif but in the same layer, and then the txi is used to choose which one is used and how quickly they change. Just have a look at one and work it out, they're not big files, shouldn't be too hard.

I figured out the texture animations...

"proceduretype cycle

defaultwidth 128

defaultheight 128

numx 2

numy 2

fps 128"

Plus what ever base .txi comand for enviroment, attempting as we speak to animate the glowing part in his chest so it will "pulse" problem I am having is the entire texture is now "pulsing" making hk there look like a film running not ver smoothly, wish gimp had a automosaic for animated textures, the alignmen is odd, open a 512x512 on a 1024 line every pixle up exactly with edges of the canvas and with eachothers egdes and gimp registers it as a 1024x1022? Rescale to fit canvas and damned thing looks liek a film strip... trial and error I guess, still pretty new at moding KoToR? I will figure it out, lol I made like 30k textures with animations via script for secondlife so lol we will see...

EDIT: FAIL! LOL as soon as I posted it, looked at the script in the .txi I realised I was using params for a saber texture 128, lol edited it to 1024 same as image layer and BLAME! his heart now beats, with very little but still noticeable chop to to the rest may just call it acceptable? already been playing with it for 2 hours and I got to get to work lol. Also you will need a "Multiframe Texture" like a movie strip to run on the texture...

Reptinus, I was looking at your texture and had a question. It looks like you have a frames in the version you currently have in the first post. Yet, each frame looks rectangular. The original frame was square. Wouldn't the texture then look a bit off?

I'll have to go look at it in game and then see if I can explain it better. (I am a big fan of animations. Love those TXIs!)

Pssst . . .

lovinthepurple.gif

OK, your original non-animated texture looks like this.

EXAMPLE1P_HK47_01_zps1012149d.png

Your animated texture looks (mostly) like this. I highlighted one frame with a green border and darkened the others for illustration purposes.)

EXAMPLE2ANIMATEDP_HK47_01_zps12857ffe.png

The individual frame of animation must match the proportion of the original texture in order for it to not stretch. So, if you're using the first HK-47 picture as your template and it is sized as 512 x 512 - your TXI probably should probably be closer to this:

proceduretype cycle

defaultwidth 2048

defaultheight 1024

numx 4

numy 2

fps 128

envmaptexture CM_Baremetal

No because the numx and numy functions describe the frame flow so the txi script allow it to animate correctly, default width MUST be identical to the default height that way the game sees it as being square, I played with it for ever to figure it out but the animation runs very smooth. Check it out in game. he looks great. And that technique will allow texture animations on characters inworld smoothly and without stretching. Not sure the technical aspect, but the default hieght and width are how the frame stretches so visually in world that texture doesn't stretch at all because it is running like frames on a film strip. The txi I made works perfectly because it needs to know excatly how to stretch the compressed frame. so when it stretches the frame, it looks normal. there are no jerks or stretches in it at all. just cool "fluxing" in his exposed electrical components

IIRC, defaultwidth and defaultheight describe width and heights of 1 (ONE) frame. So, for such texture they should be something like

defaultwidth 256

defaultheight 512

On the other hand, my experiments proved to me that THEY DONT AFFECT ANYTHING! AT ALL!

It's possible that KotOR just acts strange on my PC, so I'm still including them to my *.txi's, just to be safe.

Archived