Home

Knights of the Old Republic III : The Jedi Masters 2.0

Trex

It appears that, after you return to Shenna Rand in the Cantina after talking to Cressa's pilot, it is supposed to automatically take you to the Slums to re-meet with the janitor.

Unfortunately, this isn't working, to the point where it occasionally glitches me in the Cantina with a deaf Ms. Rand and an updated quest-log saying to defeat HK-1000. When I can escape from the hive of scum and villainy, trying to go straight to the slums myself yields nothing (I did this out of desperation because I wasn't sure if I had to go there directly now).

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm having trouble working out what the problem is.

P.S. See that you forget to pass the link to this page on your "Home Page" (http://www.the-jedi-masters.com/download.html) , when you press forum over there it direct it to the Knights of the Old Republic III : The Jedi Masters 2.0 (beta) page

Sorted.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could this mod work on kotor 1 ? I mean if you edited it

As Sith Holocron said, it's a pretty definitive no.

Irrelevant of porting issues, the way things like models work in Kotor2 means they can't be used in Kotor1.

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm having trouble working out what the problem is.

The same thing happened to me just now. I'm trying to complete this quest before visiting the senate.

The problem, I'm guessing, is that the exit tag that warps you to the Slums got broken when TJM went out of beta, somehow.

Also, another issue I've found: you now can no longer get the quest to hunt down the Iridonian mercenaries. No matter how many times I talk to the Colonel, it never registers in the quest-log and allows me to kill them.

I've just replayed both the Shenna Rand and Colonel Grenn quests and didn't have a problem with with either of them.

My only thought is that maybe something got damaged in the downloading/unzipping stage. Try downloading the modules from here : http://www.the-jedi-masters.com/files3/modules.zip

Stick everything there in your modules folder and see if that helps.

Ideally, you should load up a save from before you entered with the senate or Coruscant cantina for the first time, otherwise the updated version might not take effect.

I've just replayed both the Shenna Rand and Colonel Grenn quests and didn't have a problem with with either of them.

Ideally, you should load up a save from before you entered with the senate or Coruscant cantina for the first time, otherwise the updated version might not take effect.

Unfortunately, I don't have another save handy for that. I'll start up a different play-through, however, to confirm whether the fix was made within the next day or so. Thanks for the assistance, Trex!

(P.S.: as an aside, I've noticed that the TJM Wiki is kind of bare, so you'll start seeing some 'anonymous' contributions to flesh out a lot of stuff on there. Just letting you know that's good 'ole Dumb, if you're confused on who is all of a sudden taking an interest. Cheers!)

As an aside, I've noticed that the TJM Wiki is kind of bare, so you'll start seeing some 'anonymous' contributions to flesh out a lot of stuff on there. Just letting you know that's good 'ole Dumb, if you're confused on who is all of a sudden taking an interest. Cheers!)
Please include pictures if possible!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, mod REALLY awesome, but I have a problem almost like waf223:

I have reached the part right after etti IV where I go back to Nadd's temple and pick my allegiance. I killed the followers and accepted nadd as my master, but when I go to leave the temple I click return to ship and after the dialogue my screen just goes black.

But black screen punch me in face on Etti, when I found Exile and make Kaanos boss. After station I returned on this planet, found new student and going to the shuttle, but after cut-scene - black screen and mouse cursor. I trying reinstall mod on another KOTOR2 game on my PC, but nothing is helped. Can someone tell, how can I crash this bug, and continued my walkthrough?

-----------------

Good, I load another save and alll work.

NOW, when I choose the Sith-class, game breaks and crash. Graphics-options on minimum. Can I fix it somehow?

--------------

I deleted Jedi-Master class from my profile, all normal now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I'm having problems with the mod. When I attack an enemy and I kill him, my character can't move. If I save the game, exit to menu and load the game I can move, but then, when I attack another enemy, it happens again. It's really annoying.

Now I'm on Dxun, searching the four pieces of the ship. Does anyone have the same problem?

I will be really grateful if someone can help me.

I am attempting to install this mod on a Steam edition of the game.

I tried copy/pasting the entire KotOR II folder so that I had "two" installs of the game. I renamed the new one TJM and installed the mod to that folder however whenever I run the .exe from the TJM folder it just plays out like Vanilla KotOR II. Same menu, same prologue with T3-M4, etc. Do I have to run a command line?

I tried once with the .zip folders and once with the installer you provided. Both to the same effect.

Hi.

I'm having problems with the mod. When I attack an enemy and I kill him, my character can't move. If I save the game, exit to menu and load the game I can move, but then, when I attack another enemy, it happens again. It's really annoying.

Now I'm on Dxun, searching the four pieces of the ship. Does anyone have the same problem?

I will be really grateful if someone can help me.

I had the same problem. I changed two options in the launcher. I changed from high texture(sp) to medium and also checked the v sync box.

It seems better but there are two more problems that occur.

1) The starboard dock-- My mouse pointer does not show up and I have to guess around to select characters.

2) The new lightsaber that I got from Ulric Delcomha (SP) which has my characters name has no color crystal when I try to upgrade. If I try to give it a crystal the program crashes.

Some questionable behavior:

I can force my way past the guards to the company offices. When you do that Mortalan will say your not suppose to be there. You will also get a journal message saying you got the coordinates to the aperature (sp) station. You do not get the coordinates but must have the guy that was in your holding cell with you to talk to Mortalan.

When I get told to give the lightsabers to people of potential I get a box saying there is a new journal message. There is no new message in the journal. Is there suppose to be a new journal entry?

If you have a force person in the third slot, their force level does not show up. Only health works on the 3rd person.

Addon: Just found this out. At Aperature Station, if you have the Mandalore with you when you talk to the Manalorian then the person does not disappear. If you do not have the Mandalore with you when you inform the Mandalorian then the person will disappear. I believe this is backwards to how it was intended.

Thanks,

I am attempting to install this mod on a Steam edition of the game.

I tried copy/pasting the entire KotOR II folder so that I had "two" installs of the game. I renamed the new one TJM and installed the mod to that folder however whenever I run the .exe from the TJM folder it just plays out like Vanilla KotOR II. Same menu, same prologue with T3-M4, etc. Do I have to run a command line?

I tried once with the .zip folders and once with the installer you provided. Both to the same effect.

Here is an update of what I am doing to play the game with two installs (two installs means not having to uninstall TJM if you want to play KotOR 2's story.)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=218118

Update: The fix didn't seem to work. Here is what I am currently doing for anyone else interested.

I am making two installs as originally. The Vanilla KotOR 2 (or KotOR 2 w/ mods OTHER than total conversion mods) is copied. I then rename it "Original".

The new folder which is a 100% copy of the "Original", I name "Knights of the Old Republic II" and The Jedi Masters or any other big or total conversion mod can now be installed without upsetting the vanilla or previously modded game.

Now when I want to switch between them its just a matter of renaming the folders.

My only thought is that maybe something got damaged in the downloading/unzipping stage. Try downloading the modules from here : http://www.the-jedi-masters.com/files3/modules.zip

Stick everything there in your modules folder and see if that helps.

Still doesn't seem to be working.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried both methods of dowmloading, but automatically says there's a failure or something missing from the file, and the two manual downloads don't wanna work, when I try to drag them to another file for the merge for the mod to happen, it claims it fails due to damage. I use Winrar x64, tried 7Zip which doesn't want to work, so, yeah. :¬:

I loved playing through this mod when it was in beta. I was never able to finish it though because the game would crash on my desktop PC when I got to the part on Coruscant with HK and Canderous at the end of the mod. Also, I've never been able to play this mod specifically on my laptop. The game always crashes right after the first movie scene on the loading screen. I don't know why it does this. Everything is up to date and I have the game in compatibility mode for XP Service pack 2. Is there no way to fix this?

I loved playing through this mod when it was in beta. I was never able to finish it though because the game would crash on my desktop PC when I got to the part on Coruscant with HK and Canderous at the end of the mod. Also, I've never been able to play this mod specifically on my laptop. The game always crashes right after the first movie scene on the loading screen. I don't know why it does this. Everything is up to date and I have the game in compatibility mode for XP Service pack 2. Is there no way to fix this?

Try editing your configuration settings file. I had the same problem for a while but it runs fine with these settings.

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=1

Sort Modules=1

Width=640

Height=480

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Music Volume=85

Voiceover Volume=85

Sound Effects Volume=85

Movie Volume=85

Number 3D Voices=32

Number 2D Voices=32

2D3D Bias=1.00

Force Software=0

EAX=0

Sound Init=0

Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]

Brightness=57

AllowWindowedMode=1

RefreshRate=60

Height=600

Width=800

V-Sync=0

Anisotropy=4

Frame Buffer=0

Anti Aliasing=4

Texture Quality=2

Grass=0

Soft Shadows=0

Shadows=1

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=0

DisableVertexBufferObjects=1

[Game Options]

Enable Tooltips=1

Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000

Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000

Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000

TextureVariation=4

BodyVariation=9

AppearanceType=647

PCGender=0

GameCompleted=0

CurSithLord=0

Hide InGame GUI=0

Use Small Fonts=0

Hide Unequippable=0

Tutorial Popups=1

Subtitles=1

Mini Map=1

Floating Numbers=1

Status Summary=1

Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1

Mouse Sensitivity=44

Difficulty Level=0

Auto Level Up NPCs=0

Mouse Look=0

AutoSave=1

EnableScreenShot=0

Reverse Mouse Buttons=0

Reverse Ingame YAxis=0

Reverse Minigame YAxis=0

Combat Movement=1

UnlockedPlanetSongs=1023

TooltipDelay Sec=1

[Keymapping]

Action286B=8

Action286A=7

Action285B=10

Action285A=9

Action284B=54

Action284A=51

Action283B=54

Action283A=51

Action282B=69

Action282A=73

Action281B=8

Action281A=7

Action280B=10

Action280A=9

Action268=52

Action265=58

Action264=57

Action263=43

Action262=85

Action261=84

Action260=83

Action259=82

Action258=81

Action257=80

Action256=79

Action255=78

Action254=77

Action253=31

Action245=75

Action244=55

Action243=67

Action242=74

Action241=87

Action240=56

Action239=68

Action238=82

Action236=83

Action234=81

Action232=80

Action230=79

Action228=78

Action226=77

Action225=70

Action224=90

Action223=31

Action222=25

Action221=24

Action220=29

Action219=28

Action218=42

Action217=87

Action216=65

Action215=63

Action214=60

Action213=62

Action212=61

Action211=66

Action210=59

Action209=71

Action208=89

Action207=72

Action206=30

Action205=55

Action204=67

[Autopause Options]

End Of Combat Round=1

Mine Sighted=0

Enemy Sighted=1

Party Killed=1

Action Menu=0

New Target Selected=1

[Movies Shown]

Movie10=1

Movie 9=1

Movie 8=1

Movie 7=161

Movie 6=1

Movie 5=63

Movie 4=225

Movie 3=255

Movie 2=223

Movie 1=253

Movie 0=221

Apologies for the text block, but it works!

Thank you TheIrishHoplite! That did it! I was also able to get past the part with HK and Canderous without a crash. I did, however, come across something else a little further on after the HK and Canderous part. When your character is alone on the Nemesis and you fight through all the enemies to get to the engine deck (if that's what it's called. I can't remember) the game doesn't cut to a load screen. You get a black screen with the cursor on it. You can go to the pause menu and if you move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the black screen, you can hear it click over the options there. I haven't been able to get further than this

Help...

I am on Janacks trying to ind the Jedi Master, and I am in No mans land. I cannot get past the doors part, each console opens the door 2 doors away and closes the nearest door, I get to the fourth console (I think), and it closes the closest door and the second door remains closed. I become trapped in a room. Please help

Also the maps on coruscant dont work at all, and some quests like the journalist one won't work after Ive been attacked.

Cheers

The journalist quest seems to be a silly bug, the module it tries to warp is misnamed, so the warping script doesn't work...

Where did you get this from?

I just double checked and everything seems named correctly.

Archived