Home

Purple Evil Twi'lek Association (PETA)

Hooray for laziness! :bday2:

I like the drawings alot. Oooh you are going to do the dueling scene thats gonna be tricky... and thanks for taking my request. Thought it would be an interesting/ emotional scene. I would have got back to your fic and pics earlier but I've been spending the past few days doing summer projects. (AP Art History and Honors British Lit are freaking insanly hard :headbump). Sorry just had to get that out. :)

Incidentally, Senegal's attraction to Yuthura was very interstingly displayed. I think somthing is fishy there...or not?

As a side note: New avy - better or worse than the old?

Welcome to the PETA PoiuyWired!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been a discussion about Yuthura being betrayed by one of her closest friends. If you KNOW that she is going to be betrayed, then there won't be any surprise. Already you likely know who I had in mind.

Since you already know to expect it, I have intend for something else. I MIGHT carry it out, but I had another idea in mind... no I won't ruin the suspense.

One last thing: I have the Atris/Yuthura scene finished, but there is no backround. Would everyone be satisfied with just characters alone, or would you like to have a photographer do it?

Perhaps you could draw in the background. Photo's might be a bit difficult due to the potential cheese factor. I say, at least, that you submit the pic and then see if anyone would like a photo in addition (if only for comparison purposes).

Agreed, I would not use the photo just yet. The backround does not have to be complicated, a few lines to show dura plating or maybe a column from the temple. Just simple stuff like that could be easily drawn.

Don't mind my prying into the fic. I have a nasty habit of trying to wheedle info out of people like that. :D I like where your story is going. Plus the fact that you have other options will keep it suspenseful (sp?). Look forward to seeing the battle scene.

Yuthura being betrayed...

Ever think of how Yuthura may KNOW she will be betrayed by this individual sooner or later, and its just that... it happened when everything is least expacted.

Remember, being a sith, you expact everyone to betray you at one point or another, or at least you should. And sharing the bunk with someone is no excuse that you should let down your guard; if anything, you should be even more careful with it.

I think you have a good point. However, I don't think that she has ever truly been betrayed in her life. That may sound strange, but think of it... Omeesh was simply cruel, her feelings of Alfred's betrayal were gone, she expected the sith were not to be trusted... remember at the start when she believed Trevelyan was taunting her with 'would a true sith ask for mercy?"

I don't think that she's ever been betrayed in her entire life. Would anyone disagree?

I suppose that would be right. At first, I was not truly considering that she would have a friend turn on her, but now that I think of it...

I found another fan fiction that puts mine to shame. It's not about YB, but she's one of the prominent characters. Look on fanfiction.com "Shattered Knight."

No, I asked the question earlier about my new av. But I like your Mr. Clean one. :D

I would say that Yuthura has probably been betrayed while at the Korriban Sith acadamy. Students are always trying to usurp the masters. These betrayals were probably expected and it is unlikely that Yuthura had any real emotional attachment to these people. Poiuy is right- while as sith, though she may never have been betrayed by someone close to her she had to expect to have people betray her. If she didn't I doubt she would have lasted as long as she did.

When you tie Shrouded in Darkness in with KOTOR, Yuthura was betrayed by someone that she sorta had a relationship with: Uthar. DY described their relationship, though it would seem they have no true feelings for each other. He double-crossed her double-cross if you remeber the dialogue he planned to have Yuthura killed in the tomb of Naga Sadow.

That just my take...

Two things. She probably suspected eventual betrayal of some kind from UW, as she planned to usurp his position anyway. I suspect the type of betrayal we're really talking about is the one you never quite see coming.

@Rev--Was talking about HOP14's avi (as indicated). Your's is fine too. Nice to see ole Mr. Clean could successfully transition into a new line of work. :)

Alright. I overstated that she's NEVER been betrayed. From my perception, she never trusted another sith. As for Uthar, she used her twi'lek charm on him and he just took advantage of a beautiful woman. She never opened her heart to another who hadn't gone to great lengths for her.

Since her return to the jedi, she's come to understand the value of trust. The problem is that she may trust the wrong person or a person for the wrong reasons. When I bring the story to its close, she will have suffered a great loss and it will either be caused by her own actions... or by one she put her faith in.

I haven't an ending in mind yet, but there will be certain events that will take place. How those events happen are yet to be determined. One of them involves Yuthura forcing Atris out of the Order... it's not death, but it's a step in the right direction.

Open ended (for now)......kinda like life. Just a question. Have you seriously considered having her die by story's end (not asking you to tip your hand here, just wondering how seriously you considered it as an option)? So....how much longer till chapter 27?

Odds are that I'll post 27 later today. I've gone through all the 'prefabricated' chapters and now I'm posting as I go. I'll try to keep posting an average of once or more a week, but be aware that the story is not going to keep going at pace.

As for the end... I already had one in sight that would involve the star living past the 'true sith war.' The story will end after Katarr has been destroyed and the Order breaks up... Yuthura would go back to Sleheyron to fulfill a vow she made to the other slaves.

As for the question... Dismissed it out of hand. (I did consider it, though)

I've read chapter 27. Yuthura are off to a rocky start and their conversation was very interesting. That sounds like it could be a good ending.

Incidentally, a major battle is coming up in the work. (I assume since that is what her mission implied) If you want any more baattle sequence advice, feel free to ask. :)

Appreciate it. I haven't written the chapter yet, but there will be a battle that involves rescuing the crew of a downed vessel. It would be much like when the blackhawk helicopters were downed over Mogadishu. If I were to give you a rough draft, would that work best?

If you could give some random advice, that would be just as appreciated. Thanks.

Sure, pm me what you want as far as an outline of what happens in the battle and how much action each character should get. Like mostly Yuthura with a good bit of Ross and a bit of Vash or something like that. I'll see what I can do. ;) When I start writing my new fic I'll probably need advice on capturing emotion - I just can't seem to get it. :(

Thanks HOP. One tactic that I would suggest for an emotional scene is to immerse yourself in the character who's emotion you're depicting. One example that I favored in my fiction was when Revan touched Yuthura when she was expecting to be struck down.

If I saw the galaxy through her eyes... I would expect Revan to be merciless and extremely powerful. To be touched so gently was like being given kindness where none should have been given. And to be given mercy verified that Revan was truly her friend... she was not completely certain of that. When he asked if a sith would plea for mercy... she took it as a taunt and saw certain death shift to mercy and back again.

If I could give my best advice on emotion, I would tell you to know why each character feels or believes the way they do. Emotion is hard because it it covers a lot of things that makes the character believe the way they do.

If anyone wants my two cents on emotion, I could look at the characters you write about and probably could write about their emotion without directly writing your story. Just realize that I'm no expert and I could only tell you what I know.

"@Rev--Was talking about HOP14's avi (as indicated). Your's is fine too. Nice to see ole Mr. Clean could successfully transition into a new line of work."

Oh, okay then. I really did think that you were talking about me. I guess that I was tired. :giveup:

I'm actually thinking about starting a fic too. It would be my first. I guess that I should start jotting down all of the ideas that I have. I've always been good at writing stories at school, for school, but I am really not all that sure about one such as the one I am thinking about. I guess that you have to start somewhere, eh?

My advice... I would find a story or plot that has already been written and modify it so that you could call it your own. Do not use other people's work, but try and base your own story on a particular plot. My upcoming chapter is based on a Star Trek: DS9 episode. If you saw "the siege of AR 558," you would clearly see that my next chapter is based off the episode, but my chapter is original and has a lot more to it. The chapter off that is based on the Mogadishu attack by American Blackhawks.

It's easier to take something and improve upon it than to create something from scratch.

Archived