Home

Project Big Box love: Recreating the boxes of Lucasarts games with the whole package: floppy disks, manual and wheel

bennywhitebread

• 7 months later...

Is this thread still live?  I'm looking to print a back half of the box to go with my genuine front half (although I'd really want the variant with Spiffy)?  I haven't found a high-res version of the IBM 16 Color US box...

Edited by Ubertrout

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 6:21 PM, Ubertrout said:

Is this thread still live?  I'm looking to print a back half of the box to go with my genuine front half (although I'd really want the variant with Spiffy)?  I haven't found a high-res version of the IBM 16 Color US box...

What game ?

On 5/20/2023 at 10:49 PM, Semsajah said:

It is self-adhesive photo paper A3 print at home on inkjet

The box I make also it’s 2mm cardboard the box get very hard and sturdy. It can’t be folded so I cut and glue it. 
then print and cut the paper, glue it on, fold it and finish 😃

It just needs to be exact size so the box and wrap match

yVlVixS.jpg
tPQGKKC.jpg
rWa2M1u.jpg
qlpqDkX.jpg
VAswV5b.jpg

I am late to the party on this one, but this is awesome beyond words. Chapeau bas!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

also a late arrival to this project but you did an amazing job! I've been searching for templates and hi-res graphics to re-create some of my old games I used to own to make a showcase of them. just for me since I think that in those days there was a real work and love put into making those boxes.

I hope to be able to make some on my own but I would probably used the cardstock method and create the box and glue a hi-res print instead of sending it to be printed outsourced (not many options who can actually do it here and my sister and I are pretty good crafts and arts people)