Home

LOOM Collector's Edition from Limited Run Games

Udvarnoky

On 3/6/2024 at 9:34 AM, AndywinXp said:

nullJust so you folks know... 😛 I'm already filing an additional support request, other than the one for LOOM which I already filed.

image.png

Oh no... Wait you got your physical edition already? How is it? Mine is bundled with an order for Maniac Mansion so won't get shipped until that's ready I'm guessing.

In other news, I've done the thing suggested regarding the Loom EGA version. Let's see what happens, and when.

Edited by Banacheq

1 hour ago, Torbjörn Andersson said:

I can't tell from just the list of files, is there something wrong with Zak McKracken?

Why are you pretending you don't know what's inside when I already told you on discord it's the GOG version?  😛

10 hours ago, AndywinXp said:

Why are you pretending you don't know what's inside when I already told you on discord it's the GOG version?  😛

It didn't seem important to mention it, because I wasn't asking about the version. 😜

I hadn't heard of any effort to get additional versions included (I couldn't find any questions about it on LRG's Facebook announcements, and Twitter is walled off for me these days), so I just assumed it would be disappointing from a game preservation/playing point of view. That's why I asked if they had also managed to break it in some way.

Either way, it doesn't bode well for their Maniac Mansion release. I was told they were informed about the GOG version being broken/cracked, but...

At least Zak (my copy arrived today, too) includes both the old PC-Version as well as the FM-Towns one for ScummVM (so sadly without the executables). Since no one said other versions would be included there's not much to complain, though a little extra effort on their front would've been appreciated. The first track on the included soundtrack seems wrong, too.

But back to Loom:

The LRG support came back to me, aaaaaaaaand the provided content won't fit on the included USB-Stick, but well...you can't have everything. :D But again, thank you @Laserschwert!

Edited by Commander Grog

2 hours ago, Commander Grog said:

But back to Loom:

The LRG support came back to me, aaaaaaaaand the provided content won't fit on the included USB-Stick, but well...you can't have everything. :D But again, thank you @Laserschwert!

Even uncompressed, my copy of English EGA Loom is 2.2 MB. There wasn't even that much space to spare?

1 hour ago, Commander Grog said:

Nah, of course the "small" versions of Loom all fit on the USB stick. But it's a 1gig USB stick, and there's LOTS more content. I just didn't want to go into detail, since I'm not entirely sure if that would be okay.

Ah, that makes more sense. I thought you just meant the EGA version because that's the only additional thing I heard they had definitely promised would be included.

19 hours ago, Commander Grog said:

Nah, of course the "small" versions of Loom all fit on the USB stick. But it's a 1gig USB stick, and there's LOTS more content. I just didn't want to go into detail, since I'm not entirely sure if that would be okay.

Good heavens! You’re weren't kidding!

Thank you @Laserschwert for the nudge nudge, wink wink. :)

Edited by Banacheq
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 9:13 PM, Commander Grog said:

That's ok, someone went into detail elsewhere: https://www.reddit.com/r/limitedrun/comments/1at3yoa/comment/kuj4o1g/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

So apparently the Mac version of Loom wasn't included? Pity. I mean, it's not like it's some kind of holy grail or anything, but I and others have spent quite a bit of work lately getting it to run better in ScummVM.

On 3/6/2024 at 8:34 PM, AndywinXp said:

nullJust so you folks know... 😛 I'm already filing an additional support request, other than the one for LOOM which I already filed.

image.png

Did you hear anything back about this one?

Edited by micpp