Home

UNder Water Base

CaptainRAVE

i know this is slightly off tangent, but its still to do with water levels of sorts...

does anyone remember that water level in tomb raider 3 (i think) called '40 fathoms' or something, and you started underwater, with sharks surrounding you and no way to surface?..... you had to swim as fast as you could in this HUGE murky underwater environment and hope you could find the sunken ship with the air pockets before you ran out of breath......

i hated that level.... it gave me the creeps, just all the water, constantly drowning.... and one of the worst things was, because it was underwater, you couldnt do the level skip cheat to bypass it (which consisted of various walking movements)..

im not a big fan of water levels, but if we had a water vehicle it would be good...

as for an underwater city? sounds excellent. i remember one of my favourite maps from 'racer' was 'aquillarus' or something similar to that. the track went into clear tunnels, which went underwater, giving you a view onto all the little fishies and such... quite perrrrty

This was discussed a while ago, and I too want to see an underwater level. My idea was to have a timed level of a sinking ship, or underwater installation, that is slowly flooding, and you have to find a way out - and potentially rescue some NPCs along the way.

I know a lot of people despised the timed levels in JK and MoTS, but I liked them. They were very challenging, and I wouldn't mind seeing something like it in JK2.

There's nothing like a good panic attack. :D

ReAcToR: The best underwater levels I have so far encountered in an FPS/TPS are in RUNE (SP). They spent a lot of time on the details, like underwater flora/fauna. The swimming animations of Ragnar are done quite well, too. And it has a nice, big, fast fish that is extremely lethal.

I dont like timed levels. I like to be able to go at my own pace through the level instead of rushing it and not paying any attention the detail of the level etc.

I think the base should be along his travels. Maybe he has to go to the head smuggler to find out secret information, but upon arrival he finds out that there is noone there, so its creepy.

Or maybe he would get there and be captured or somethin, unfortunatly that story line of being captured has been used too many times.

I would like a creepy base along the way, like in Mysteries of the Sith in the sith temple. With the Quake III and Enviromental Audio that atmosphere could be really well done.

if jedi had tiny breathing aparatises back when before the clone wars (i.e. TPM) what happened to the technology, was it suddenly lost? did only jedi have it? why not have one of those on your person, so that you would be able to breath underwater... or maybe something along the lines of the symbiotic membrane used in the jedi academy trilogy, by the calamarians?? if these are implimented, then you wouldnt need to rush through underwater sequences... they could also put in some fancy hand to hand combat moves for underwater then, since sabers and guns would be useless underwater... not a bad idea...

Archived