Home

Look! one hand.

nykel007

Guest JediKnight_114[b]
Originally posted by acdcfanbill:

<STRONG> i dont remimber any other time when jedi use one hand for fighting</STRONG>

Just look at Vader in Empire Strikes Back. While Luke's throwing everything he has at Vader, his old man is practically yawning holding his saber with one hand, blocking Luke like he's swatting flies. So, while it's not unheard of for them to use one hand, I doubt it will be one handed action in the game.

Woo Hoo! 100th post for me with not one piece of SPAM to my record. *hands self congratulatory gift basket* Oh Yeah!

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: JediKnight_114 ]

He means the secondary fire where it seems liek when originally created la wanted to make him have a freaky... liek in RotJ luke jsut get's mad and takes freaky swings.

i would describe it more like this ( <_ not exactly a Z though liek a side ways v and a little finish where he put it back to his 2 hands

you obviously dont have jedi knight. in JK1, you could use a mouse or keyboard, but the mouse only has 2 buttons, so you would have to use both. the standard config would be: mouse1: primary fire. mouse2: jump. arrows: move/turn. Z: Secondary fire. Ctrl: Primary fire again. X: Jump again. C: Crouch. the lost goes on. so you pretty much needed to switch back and fourth between mouse and keyboard to play. i, personally, only used the mouse to snipe, because it was too clumsy and sensitive. k bye now.

i think its the general consensus of the competitive gaming community that mouse provides for superb aiming capabilities, turning speed, etc. that the keyboard simply can't offer..

now you have rare incidents where some people perform exceptionally well when using the keyboard, but mostly keyboarders are those who haven't yet discovered mouse's full potential.. the rest are usually loons (vagabond ;)) that get some crazy ideas that joysticks, rudders, or some other odd contraption can possibly hope to compete with the mouse... ;)

nykel:

Usuing the keyboard would be suitable the mouse won't be able to handle the amount of different 'swings' people like deathBolT is talking about.

actually, i certainly hope there aren't that many keys neccessary for swings.. i think swings will occur based on your movement(wasd) or where your looking at on the mouse... a different key for each swing beyond primary and secondary AND force powers, etc. would be too much for me to map on my keyboard..

ed- added a few words that made the paragraph comprehensible.

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: DeathBoLT ]

i think swings will occur based on your movement(wasd)

that's how it worked in JK = movement keys+type of attack(prmry/scndary fire) produces diff swing. I don't think Raven is going to have us play with hands flying accross key/b to do diff attack, some new saber attacks would be nice though, they'll think a somthin, they always do...

o yea, Darth Vader always fought single handed with his sbaer didn't he?, Jerec did also.

Archived