Home

Don't Forget the Audio Taunts

Boba Jim

Will Raven remember to include a good selection of taunts that can be assigned to several keyboard keys? I for one hope so. It's been quite a while since a FPS came with a large selection of audio taunts that you could hear when you said it to everybody.

The last few I've played let you send them but you couldn't hear them yourself when you sent it. Then others have been limited to a single audio taunt depending on the character. The custom taunts made by users are all well and good, but they don't replace a large selection of taunts that ships with the game that everybody can hear.

I've been missing that capability since Outlaws. Tossin' audio taunts around in a fire fight was some of the best fun yet. ;)

no no no, you got it backwards matt-windu. At least i think you do.

*pelvic thrust*

Man, that puts a weird image in your head doesn't it?

My friend Zero made some of his own taunts for MotS. It was really cool. Sounds and text. So you'd press the taunt key, and you would hear the music, and be able to read it at the same time. He had some beavis and butt head taunts that were the funniest thing to use while having a lightsaber battle. :p

(this is the second time i've had to edit this thing)

Oh yeah! I'm all for the audio taunts. Those just rock in Multiplayer.

[ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: Ki-Adi-Mundi ]

Audio taunts would certainly be fun. I hope they have an autotaunt as well if they include bots. And I too think they should be firmly grounded in Star Wars. I mean, how about these during MP...

"Laught it up, Fuzzball!"

"He's got a Thermal Detonator!"

"It's not my fault!"

"You scruffy-looking Nerf Herder!"

"Kiss a Wookie!"

"Laser-brain!"

"Let the Wookie win!"

"Impressive...most impressive!"

"You are not a Jedi yet!"

"Obi-Wan has taught you well!"

"I'm just full of surprises!"

"I have a bad feeling..."

"That's one less Rebel!"

"Come on Goldenrod!"

"Everyone has delusions of grandeur!"

"Close the Blast Doors!"

"We're quite safe from your pitiful band!"

"Start the evacutation!"

Heh ;)

That would be mint in SP if you got out a thermal detonator and they screamed 'hes got a thermal detonator' or something to that effect,

having decent sound effects is very important, hopefully more than one noise when you return blaster fire or swing your saber is included..its a must

wardz

Archived