Home

New PC.IGN screenshots.

TheJackal_jk2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would assume that they are in game, PreTZeL, first because they look like it and second they have the HUD for life and force down the bottom. They are very nice. Look at the bottom one, I assume thats the bowcaster in his hands. It looks very cool and also looks like the scope is a more prominent feature on it, here's hoping.

Thanks for the news Jackal. :)

For my oggling pleasure indeed! Those are some seriously gorgeous screenshots! Thanks a million Jackal! Beautiful! Beautiful!

All that lighsaber fighting...it must be some multiplayer arena mode. Looks pretty sweet!

Notice the high chrome-like detail on the lightsaber! Notice the fog effects! Notice the amount of polygons put into each character! And the textures! Yummy!

Woohoo! More screenies!

Those textures are looking pretty good up close; surprised me.

And I'm not the biggest Star Wars buff, but should his saber be bowed like that?

That fourth pic is all about what we're excited about. :) That saber blur is so close to episode I! :eek: And even the "O||" is modeled on the back of the stormies!

If there's one rant, it'd have to be the control panel art. It all looks very cheap.

I think the maps look promising, not that much can be seen from the screen shot. But the one outside what seems to be a temple and the one with the walkways look very promising. I personally hope they look passed Canyon Oasis as I think Raven can do much better than it.

*drool* *more drool* agh agh agh ack ack ack ggggg... ggggggg.... look mom! more screenshots!

*Magnum goes crazy!!!!*

"shajkh sda a sajdf lsadfhasdfhas ñdfasdfasñdfhaññf hs fhañsdfhñsah añsdhfsadf ñsahf ñasdh ñs añshdf!!!!!"

Somebody give him valium! :D

*Magnum sedated speaks*

Well, I have to agree that the control panel art looks cheap, but they have the look from ANH... made in the late '70...

Anyway, yes, perhaps with more textures will be ok.

BUT DON'T FORGET!!!!!

This surely are screenshots from early levels where Raven is testing AI, gameplay (player movements) and a little texturing. Also, they could have been made just to show the media the features they have now ready. I don't believe that the final levels will be as simple as the pics show...

Just my 2 cents

Great pics, thanks Jackal.

I'm not worried at all about crapped (sic) levels in JKO. That exterior shot of the pyramid is pretty decent evidence that we're not going to have cramped levels.

Also, fortunately, Raven will design outside of the original design concepts found in the aging Jedi Knight. Last thing we need is another caynon oasis and battleground jedi. Endusers can make those if they want 'em.

Again, it's great to see the textures that are so totally true to the original Star Wars (A New Hope). They've got the details right down to the red checker patterns placed on the gray wall panels. Exactly like the film.

All of that Star Wars gray™. I like that mousebot in the background too.

Also notice how the camera elevation and azimuth differs quite a bit from picture to picture. Not sure if that is done dynamically, or if Raven had to set it up specifically for the pics.

The shots imply very dynamic game action. Look at how the woman is either tossing or retreiving her lightsaber handle. Gotta love it.

Agreed. If you've ever done some serious mapping, you don't polish up the texture alignment and lighting of the map until you are sure what the architecture is going to be like. I mean, given that I've never seen a Raven game that has shipped with such visual artefacts.....I can only guess it's just temp stuff and will be fixed by the time the game has shipped.

Sabre blur, that's what I'm saying!...looks so much better than that old shoddy stuff. I can only imagine what it would look like in motion...*drools*..who knows, maybe it'll even look better by the time the game ships seeing as how each new screenshot release shows a little more refinement.

All in all, looks awesome!

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Rancor ]

I noticed that in the shots with a lot of stormies the main screen has arabic numbers! (the ones we use, in case somebody don't know)

Hey, don't want to be too much critic, but I don't remember having saw them in JK...

*hint* *hint* :rolleyes:

In ANH the docking bay had the 94 "disguised" as alien characters, perhaps raven can do the same :)

Gee... I love this screenshots... they're so, so, so, so... as my dream game! :D

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Magnum ]

Is it just me, or do the screenshots just keep getting better, and better, and better...i mean the first screens looked great, but these have much more detail and textures( of course I know this will continue, as the work on the game) but from the looks of it, I'm not sure if they can make it look any better( of course they can) but these screens rock, and the outside shot "jedi duel" is my favorite...check out the detail....*can't control his bladder*......hehe, i just pee'd my pants, and I dont even care....awww, its warm in here.... :D

Guest Home_Sliced

That bowcaster is swank. I hope they have some cool firing animations. Considering the ones in EF, I doubt that will be a problem. :)

I *hope* these screens are to show off some of the models and special effects as opposed to the levels. There's a grand total of about 5 world textures in all of those shots that look good, and the archi could be easily accomplished in JK. Gotta love those yummy Q3 lighting effects and fog though...

Wow, these screens are excellent. I just noticed this though... Does anyone else think that Kyle's lightsaber hilt looks a bit long? From all of the movies it seems that the saber hilt is usually around 10-12 inches in length, but Kyle's saber looks like it is around 14-16 inches. What do you all think?

Guest Boba Rhett

The pics are great but is it just me or do the Stormies still look like they have marshmellows stuck on their heads?

Archived