Home

WEAPONS [ two at the same time ]

SELYA

Guest Kurgan

I'd like to see dual blasters or dual sabers, but that would be cool too. ; )

Or how about a saber that has a mini blaster built into the handle? (a Star Wars version of the "gunblade" from anime)

Kurgan

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

I dont think they'd make two lightsabers at the same time possible 'cos its not possible in Star Wars universe [ Yoda would kill you ] . But I like the double gun idea [ though it sounds more like Hollywood film than Star Wars ] . Your thoughts?

Guest Home_Sliced

Double weapons would be sweet as long as its kept reasonable. No double conc rifles, doulbe rail dets, or anything like that. Maybe double bryars, lightsaber + bryar, and one other combo (we don't know what all the weapons are yet).

I think that having dual bryars is a lot more star wars like than having a blaster and a lightsaber in your hands at once :). A jedi doesn't need a blaster when he has his lightsaber...just deflect the enemy's blasts right back at him :)

Swoosh

Dual lightsabers is kinda neat :) killing a dark Jedi, getting his saber, and being able to use them both. Conceptually it's a neat idea, but I dunno about it making it into the game.

Maybe firing two ST rifles at once would have a humorous effect, like your shots are comically innacurate (missing by a mile) and while firing you flail around uncontrollably like a cartoon character unable to control a firehose. (and yes, I AM kidding)

Guest ZeroXcape

I'm all about dual bryars... as for the two light sabers... I don't think that'd really be fitting for Kyle. Maby for someone else though.

akimbo sequencer charges?

:)

or perhaps finishing the game in different modes could release different characters, and when you finish it in hard, you get a boc skin with duel sabers. just a thought, but hey, it may give us an insentive to play through the entire sp more than once instead of moving straight onto & staying soley on MP.

Double bryars definitly. That would be cool! Double weapons would be cool as long as it's kept reasonable. I doubt the double lightsaber idea, or the saber+bryar will be implemented. If you had a saber+bryar, what would happen when you shoot? Slash+shot? Just shot? Besides, going from the movies, Jedi's don't usually wield their lightsaber with one hand only.

Although.... :D

How about, just for fun, having two mini sabers. Technichally the beam length can be adjusted. What if Kyle had two small sabers which he wield around faster than Zorro?

I dont think they'd make two lightsabers at the same time possible 'cos its not possible in Star Wars universe

You ever played Jedi Knight?

But anyway It wont be implemented

dual blasters sound cool

Maybe to compensate while you have two weapons you cant use most of the powers.In JK he uses his hand for several powers, maybe you could use dual repeaters but while you use them you can only use powers like jump and run

What do you think?

Guest Home_Sliced

Thinking about it a little more, I think blaster+saber wouldn't jive with the "essence" of what it is to be a Jedi (as several of you have said :)). That leaves the double bryar, which is basically a clone of the double guns in UT. As long as doubling up bryars doesn't destroy the weapons balance, it would probably be fun to have. Double sabers would be nice to have as an option in MP along with the double-bladed saber (perhaps only with certain skins?), but I think sticking to a regular, single-bladed, non-upgradable saber in SP is best.

Archived