Home

trade droids

Guest jigga

Guest jigga

Since the trade federation is not going to have houses I was wondering if they were going to make some sort of control tower for the droids and if they were to destroy one of those towers would some of the droids be destroyed or shut down. Like if a tower gives you the option to make 10 more units then if that building was destroyed 10 of the droids or other units would shut down. I think that would be cool.

Guest Tie Guy

That wouldn't work, bucause one of their advantages is that they don't need houses. If they towers, they would destroy that advantage. The whole point of not having houses, is that you don't need to build anything to have an army, not that you have to build something else.

actually, have you considered that they might simply not need houses - period ??

In AOK, the Huns are a comparable civ. They don't need houses and there's not something else they need to build in return. It's simply an advantage that civ has. They do start out with less resources though, making it more balanced early on.

Awesome avatar Havoc!

I for one think that the control tower is an excellent idea, but it's not exactly fair for the TF 'cos they already collect wood slowly, and they need to build a control tower? That pretty much negates the advantage of not building houses ;)

I'm willing to bet that the droid control ship is your town center equivalent and if it's destroyed,you basically lose. So it pays to build at least 2 droid control center for your droids. And I assure you,no one's gonna do a droideka rush without any other units to protect them. I'd be sending in about 10 or 15 tf bombers to blow away your existing defnses before I send in the droidekas so you would be helpless as you were 'pounded unto death' by my great Trade Fed force! MWUAHAHAHAHA! Long live the droids!

Guest Tie Guy

Every civ may have a town center, but it would be a major disadvantage if the droids would be "knock out" simply by destroying the Towncenter. I'm betting that droids will be treated just like other troops, except they don't need houses.

Are all of us posting on this thread gonna be playing the Trade Feds first? I sure will. Me and my friend are eagerly looking forward to it. I will show his pathetic Imperial garrison/attack force the true meaning of "droid rebellion" when my droids turn his base into just another crater on the battlefield where my droid legion hath eliminated a many opponents.

Guest Tie Guy

What was the topic again.....:D

Oh yeah, I wonder what other bonuses the other civs have? We know the TF doesn't have to have houses, and the Naboo have a economy bonus, but what do others have?

Originally posted by Tie Guy

What was the topic again.....:D

Oh yeah, I wonder what other bonuses the other civs have? We know the TF doesn't have to have houses, and the Naboo have a economy bonus, but what do others have?

No one knows Tie. They better have something though, or its gonna suck that they only get a bonus!

Archived