Home

Galactic Battleground Demo

TornSoul

Guest Vagabond

Wilhuf and I played it last night, and it's virtually identical to Age of Kings, except, as was mentioned, with the addition of power cores and shields, which is an interesting addition. But I'm serious, the interface and gameplay - everything - it's just AoK with Star Wars units.

Agreed though, the demo is too crippled...they could have at least let us play a normal death match game instead of the "Capture the Monument" game. How are we supposed to evaluate the game if we're racing against a day counter?

I don't know - I'm just a casual RTS player, so while I may end up getting the game, I'm not going to be one of those people that has every mouse click pre-planned for the entire game, down to the nano-second. That's what I call "work", rather than "fun".

Well I finally got through. I waited two hours or so at fileplanet, finally got through, downloaded it, and played the first mission. I must say it does look a lot like AoE, but I was expected something a little richer. I was hoping for a bit of an advancement in graphics. I like the diversity of of units/structures/weapons/races, but the demo was a little stingy on playability. After all that waiting in line! :rolleyes: I haven't played multiplayer yet. I couldn't seem to connect to the zone. Must be overloaded or something.

First impressions: Not too great. I'm going for Galaxies.

It's an ok game. Takes ages to get going though.

I played 3 player multi. After 4 hours the other 2 guys resigned !! So i won! LOL!

It's really hard to build up a strong enough force to defeat an opponent. I could never do it, and neither could my enemies. Defenses are too strong especially with shield generators. But it was still heaps of fun to play.

[ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: Darth Lunatic ]

i cant play it.. my ****ty little screen only goes to 800x600 which the demo wont run, i tried it in what the demo allows, and i cant see much of the menu, and if i move about the screen, it all blurs over the top, makin the game unplayabe after 5 secs, i also cant bring up (find) the menu.. CRIME!!!!!! :mad:

Does anyone else find that the buildings are somewhat too tough? Seems like it takes massive force to take down even a light turret. And of course it takes hardly any time for an ASP or Astromech droid to build one.

I've never played AOK, is there some special method to use when taking out buildings other than a simple overwhelming volume of military units?

Otherwise, I really like the demo. Fun to do some dropship raids. Gameplay is good, graphics are OK. Sound is great. The demo left me wanting to try the full version. Not because I want to play as Gungans mind you, but so I can get full access to the Imperial units and stomp out a few Rebels. Also intrigued by Wookie civilization. Should be fun to play with those units.

Notice in the single player level that the briefing and debriefing are given by a woman who did Mara Jade's (of Mysteries of the Sith) voice.

[ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: Wilhuf ]

Thing about GB that REALLY REALLY dissappointed me, was the jedi couldnt block each others saber blows or deflect enemy fire. :( i thought they were gonna have a stamina system for the jedi, when it runs low, or out they would stop blocking and take damage.

The single player demo was alright but the multiplayer part was what made me go get it.

The Jedi aspect is pretty kewl, i had a complete Jedi/Sith battle with my bro (and won)

The problem i have is the look of it, most of the units in the game are made up, like the rebel tanks(?) Then there is the scale of things, a rebel trooper is almost as big as a y-wing not to mention the villagers for the rebels (r2 units wtf??)

the sheild idea is pretty cool but the Biggest problem i have is the time it takes to collect carbon

overall its alright but it just doesnt feel right

someone should make a star wars strategy game were you are the commander of say a star destroyer/mon cal cruiser (like 688 hunter killer)

I enjoy the multiplayer aspect as well. However, have you noticed?, the Zone has changed the their battlegrounds page. They now have 4 lobby's, no of which is the trial lobby. When my bro and I tried to play some games there, the lobbies we tried said that the game was not found on our computer. :confused: Have they gotten rid of multiplayer trial? :mad:

If there is still somewhere to play, please let me know where.

Archived