Home

Unreal II fans.....new screenshots

CaptainRAVE

Yeah, Tim Sweeney builds amazing engines. I mean, even Unreal still stands up to lots of things currently out there in terms of what it can do....reflective surfaces, procedural textures, excellent dynamic lights, cool portal stuff for doing awesome skies.

I read that the new unreal technology literally supports 100x more triangles than Unreal. Not sure if this is an exaggeration, but even if it's half that, things should look quite excellent.

I don't generally buy computer games, but I'll likely buy this one.

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE:

We hardly know anything about Unreal II. People in these forums shouldnt complain about the lack of information for JK2. They have only given about 3 tiny bits of information about Unreal II.

Three tiny bits of information? Er, I think I'll have to disagree with that. If you check the official site, particularly the About section, you will find quite a lot of information on Unreal II. There are also lots of links to previews/interviews about the game.

The devs have also given some information on the official forums.

I've been following U2's progress since the launch of that site, and I think it's going to be an amazing game. I certainly expect it to look better than any other FPS game up to the time of it's release.

And barring a major setback, I think it will appear in the first half of 2002. :cool:

I do believe Unreal II is going to be the best looking FPS ever when it arrives.

The stuff shown in those unofficial screenshots are taken from the leaked E3 tech demo for the game (which is NOT the Alpha build BTW). The developers are extremely annoyed about this leak...so be very careful.

Anyway...my point is that they have done a great deal of work since then - including a total reworking of the renderer. So those screenshots are in no way representative of the game as it stands now...it is probably many, many times better...and will improve even more before the final release.

If the gameplay is as good as the graphics...and there is a very good chance it will be...then I think U2 may finally topple Half-Life from the top spot.

Archived