Home

Hold On Just A Second Now

Ki-Adi-Mundi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Vagabond

Agreed. That's why many of us miss the OWK.net forums. For the longest time after Obi-Wan was cancelled for the PC, a small handful of us had those forums to ourselves. And it was just that, a small close-knit community where everybody knows your name - and they're always glad you came :)

The mods are saying some stuff about plans for owk.net. I hope it's good. I'd love to have that little community back.

And I think stars are silly. Maybe someone who just doesn't like you brought you down to 4 stars. Stars aren't reflecting one's posting ability or dedication, but rather how many friends you have or how many enemies you have.

Guest ChrisC3po

OnlyOneCanoli: I totally agree with you about the rating system. I'm thinking we should scrape the whole thing.

While we are on the subject will someone please vote for me? :D

Guest Boba Rhett

The whole thing is a bad idea. Perhaps if everyone here got along, never argued and weren't immature, it could work but with things being the way they are, there's no way this star system could ever spawn anything good.

maybe, in 9 months time, we'll be looked up to as the regs and founding members of these boards, and all the little sprats will respect us

We can only hope. :) Just imagine, A jk2 society as big as even Half-Lifes' and all of us at the helm. *drifts off into lala land*

P.S. Don't worry Chris, I voted for ya. ;)

[ June 14, 2001: Message edited by: Boba Rhett ]

I agree about the voting

Someone who hasnt even posted once can give you 1 star because he doesnt agree with your comments

Maybe the moderators could vote only, and the people given 5 stars by them

Or the mods could moderate the given stars

nah

Too much work for them and there is no need for it

Guest Boba Rhett

I think more ranks would cause even bigger problems with post "whoring" than the stars would. Unless your talking about assinged ranks by mods and admins but that would be a hell of alot of work. :eek:

I'd go with digl, having the admins vote would be better, but then again why should they? We all know who are the people that make sensible comments, and they are the ones that become more respected rather than the people who post 3000 times a day for the sake of it, with nothing decent to add...

wardz

Guest ChrisC3po

The ratings can be disabled. Turning them off will be discussed at the next LG.com meeting, sometime this week. I’ll keep you guys updated.

I feel a little uneasy about the potential return of OWK.net. While most of the old regs will still go back, maybe myself included, you can't expect it to be the same and that may inturn 'ruin' the fun we all had before it was closed.

I would like to see other peoples opinions on this...

wardz

Guest Vagabond

My thoughts on the return of OWK.net is that it's a legitimate site for LucasGames to cover, but most of us old regulars shouldn't expect it to be the same site we came to love. Let's admit it - while some may have been truly interested in the X-Box version of Obi-Wan, most of us were really jonsing for a JKII-type game. That's why most of us went to the Obi-Wan site in the first place - because LucasArts initially marketed it as a sequel to Jedi Knight.

Obi-Wan should be covered as the X-Box title that it is, but for those of us who have already stepped through the looking glass, we can never go home again.

most of us were really jonsing for a JKII-type game

Agree

In the tradition of Dark Forces and Jedi Knight

One of their biggest mistakes was that phrase

I think you have hit the nail on the head there vag, I will be quite happy to see how the old dog is doing, but it is time to make way for the next lot.

It is not my\our place to go back and hog it all. That would be unfair to the people who actually want it for the xbox rather than us going down memory lane...

I feel I may be outnumbered on this view as everyone will shoot back at the first opportunity, but I am just warning people more than anything - not to expect it to be a replica of the OWK.net we once flocked to.

wardz

Heh...I'm late to the thread again, as usual. ;)

As far as the Stars rating system goes, I don't really see any point to it. Anyone can give you any rating whether they know you or not, whether they've read your posts and agree with you or not. And it has no particular function, so I think it might be a good idea to ditch it.

I think the same goes for other Ranks, like Stormtrooper, Mercenary etc, tied to how many posts you've made. What usually happens is someone decides they absolutely must have the greatest number of posts, and they will post anything just to bump up their post-count.

I think that's rather pointless. Personally, I usually only post something when I feel I have something good to contribute to the forum, either to help others, or to debate pertinent issues.

Regarding OWK.Net...yeah, I think you guys are right. We had some really good times over there, and I have some fond memories - but like anything, once you move on, if you try to go back to something you've left behind, it never feels the same.

I vote we enjoy the here and now, and attempt to make these forums as good and friendly as OWK.Net was.

Also, long live the Galactic Plumberman Alliance! :D

Yeah, I can't see myself going back to OWK.net. It won't be the same...

I wouldn't like to see 3000 members here either...That way you will never know the person you are talking to.

As for the ratings, I agree with most of you people, we really have to get rid of them.

Archived