Home

New PC!!

darky

OK. I have made a dumb decision, that's going to pay off in the fun factor, and kill me socially and in the area of college. My parents (as a graduation present) want to buy my a nice new car. But, I, in my youth and lust for a next generation computer... have chosen to get a freaking hardcore computer instead. I'm going to be a senior in high school this year in the fall and so I want to start thinking about the computer now. What are some REALLY hardcore system specs that will be able to run games like JKII, Doom III and whatever else like they were old games? Also, a great, super fast modem for online play would be great. I'm just looking for some ideas, I've got a whole year to decide. Remember, technology will change probably quite a bit in the next year, so think ahead before you post "today's" super machine. Thanks!!

Get a CAR!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!

I strongly suggest a Volkswagon Golf (black)... mainly because I have that. Just take a car kid, but not one of those expansive cars. Just one that looks nice and fun to drive in. But don't get a computer. Your car will outlive any PC. Those get Virus crashes.... even if you are careful! However cars, if you are careful... you wont get much trouble.

Get a car to pull the birds....buy a nice sports merc...thats what i have :) .

At the moment the ideal pc would be a P4 1.7Ghz, Geforce 3, 1024Mb Ram, 80Gb Hard Disk, 24x CD-RW, soundblaster 1024, Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT2500 Digital...thats the best you can get. Wait til the autumn and you'll be able to get a 2Ghz system.

Get a damn car kid! Your future social skills will thank you. Unless you'll be happy living alone at 40 in your parents dark basement apartment hidden behind the stacks of comic books and sticky ***** mags trying to read your 36 inch computer screen through your coke bottle glasses to see if there's any other members of your clan playing the latest mod at 4 in the morning while some other guy is married to the woman you should have married and living comfortably in the oceanside house that could have been yours except for the fact that you missed that train while you were shootin it up with your other die-hard clan buddies to see who could be the most "elite". Is that a run on sentence. I never know anymore.

Yeah, I'd say a car is a better move too. Especially if they are going to get you a nice, new car. You can just get a job next summer and buy a killer system...then you'd have both! Think about it though...a really tech computer costs about $2500 while a kick ass car costs $15000 to $30000. Screw your parents while you still can!!! :D:D:D

Swoosh

my brother is making a quad prossesor 4GHz costom job with 1gig of ram. 2 80gig h/s for the raid he gunna set up. and over clock them all. it will go faster than anything you can get in a store. but I'm net even sure how he's gunna make it, he's a computer tech so I'll just leave it to him.

right now I'm running 2GHz coz I just finished over clocking. I'm sure this will run JKII nicely. and anything that come out for like the next 2 years.

The car would be a WISER descision to get! I'm just dreaming... Anyway, on with the system specs! It was suggested to me that I get a Voodoo5 instead of a GeForce 3. Eh? Thoughts on that? Also, what about the cards of NEXT summer? And 4Ghz?!! Wow.

Although I could give you a good reccomendation on a system( its my line of work and all.. :D ) I'm going to save my selling for the business and tell you straight up....Buy a frigggin car man. Use the computer you have now to shop and save money on a new ride, then use the money u save and upgrade or buy a new comp. What are we talking about anyway?? I could build the " all you would need" machine( as of right now anyway) for about $1500.00. I'm sure you can get both, just tell your parents you will save or buy a lesser expensive car, so you can also get a computer.....if not, just the car will do. I think Gonk summed it up best with his vision on the subject...that was great....lol

I will get a car. Later. (this is NOT in an irritated tone of voice when I say this) Guys! I didn't come here to find out WHICH ONE I should get! :) I came here to find specs on a computer, not for tips on a car!! I'm talking more than "I would need" also, we're talking Unreal II at AT LEAST 60 frames per second in a crowded room.

GET A CAR!!!!

But if you want "Unreal II at AT LEAST 60 frames per second in a crowded room" you should just wait some time for the next GeForce, and the processors above 2 Ghz

no way, if you want chick's get a fro man! I havent had a hair cut in almost 15 months now! and chick are after me. showed up at my old school and all the chick's that didn't seem to care were all over me

joe1.jpg

it's not picked out in the pic but you get the idea

Archived