Home

Jedi Knight II Box Art?

Terrin

If you goto the official website for JK2 at the lucasarts site, you'll see a really cool picture of Kyle standing with his lightsabre. It's done in this film noir-ish type art. It's really awesome.

Does anyone know if this is gonna be the official box art? 'Cause it is really cool. Anyone got ideas? Has it even been thought up or conceived?

hehe... I like, in fact, I liked it so much I made it my icon.

Well, here's to hoping that if it isn't the game box that they release a poster of it. I'd love to have a poster of that on my wall.

hey... why not make it both?!? Nah, you know what, just send me the picture in poster form and I'll be happy :D

LOL, I just realized, that the image has a possibility of being a poster for marketing... if so that means gaming stores will get it... and that means that MY STORE will get it (I work at EB)!!

Hrm.. but first, I'll have to wrestle it away from my manager who happens to be a SW nut... god damn, he's got a friggin' office dedicated to SW. He even showed me the toy of the Emperor you got when you did a mail-in!

Hrm.... might be time for another round of the EB Ladder Match.

Guest Sarcastic Saint

Mmmm.....well that image is kinda old already...it was i believe one of the first "screens" that they showed.

But perhaps they will make a new one.

That image of Kyle on the website is simply promotional art and not designed to be the box art.

Everyone is looking at options, but nothing has been finalized yet. As far as I know, box art is still in the concepts/ brainstorming phase.

Stay tuned...

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra

Project Administrator

Raven Software

Originally posted by Darth Bjorn

I doubt that'll be the box image. When Raven did Elite Force, they made a couple of concept/promotional images of 7 of 9 that were very artsy, like that. but they weren't the cover. So far as I can tell, the box image is "Coming soon", judging by the pre-order page.

LucasArts also always makes several promo box art images as well. Amazon/EBGames always needs something to post, so they end up making their own unless the game company does. I'm sure the final JKII box art will be quite spectacular ;)

Also, that image referred to in the initial posting was the first screen shot released when JKII was announced.

Originally posted by Frosty_V2.1

My sentiments exactly, the box just sits on a shelf or whatever after u got it, besides that it's just a promotion tool and we don't exactly need it to be promoted to us do we?:D

We actually promote it :D

But the poster mentioned by someone sounds good

A JO poster included with the game would be cool

I had understood what you said frosty, I said we promote it because probably most of us talk about the game outside this forums (dont you?;))

I promoted JK in latin america a lot

Actually I started what I think was the first JK clan in south america, and Im promoting JKII already in local gaming forums :D

Well, I'm sure they'll come up with great cover art for the box...but I hope the box we're talking about is DVD-flavoured. ;)

I mean, I used to keep all of those carboard boxes for my games...but they started taking up too much room, so I ditched a lot of them. I prefer the DVD-case style because it sits nicely on the shelf next to my PC. So I can still appreciate the artwork and blurb, while it serves a useful purpose and doesn't take up too much space.

Just IMO. ;)

Originally posted by StormHammer

Well, I'm sure they'll come up with great cover art for the box...but I hope the box we're talking about is DVD-flavoured. ;)

I mean, I used to keep all of those carboard boxes for my games...but they started taking up too much room, so I ditched a lot of them. I prefer the DVD-case style because it sits nicely on the shelf next to my PC. So I can still appreciate the artwork and blurb, while it serves a useful purpose and doesn't take up too much space.

I agree with this. Only problem is I misplaced my Max Payne CD only to find it with my DVD collection. At least now I know where to look.

Originally posted by StormHammer

Just IMO. ;)

Originally posted by Bartolo_JCS

honestly I don't care what the box looks like, I'm lookin forward to the game :syoda:

nope, i love the Cardboard boxes that come with game. I have keep all my boxes since my first PC game Duke Nukem 3D. Sure they take up alot of room but there cool.

I only have 1 CD case game (Operation Flashpoint. They tricked me, in was in a cardboard then there was a DVD case inside) and it also looks good.

so i'm not sure which 1 i like better.

Archived