darthfergie

Better than JK II???  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Better than JK II???

• YES!!! IT WILL BE SO COOL!!!! :D
    • No I could come up with better graphis and controll in my sleep
    • No...I like GameCube better :p
    • What is Obi-One???

it'll be awesome until jedi outcast comes. like how shadows of the empire came before jedi knight, and jedi knight is alot better than shadows of the empire, but shadows of the empire had alot of REALLY cool things that jedi knight didn't have. The Swoop level, the train level, IG-88, Skyhook Battle, Echo Base, Jetpack, Disruptor Rifle...

No, JKII will be better than Obi-Wan even before it comes out. I'd rather have the JKII demo they made for E3 than the Obi-Wan full game.

Now, maybe if they'd kept Obi-Wan on the PC they could have made something out of it, but the X-Box ruined it. I'm forever jaded to Obi-Wan because of how they snatched it away from us and didn't tell us, and also because of the piece of junk the X-Box seems to have made it. It simply does not look very impressive in the slightest.

Too bad too, because they had a made good idea for the saber controls which i have been wanting before the press release of Obi-Wan came out. I wish they'd impremented that into JKII through the joystick, it would make for a killer system.

On jediknight.net (i think) there is a link to an early review of obi-wan and it doesnt look good .

although halve the review went on about an platform game and how bad this is, a little part said that the graphics of the game terrible.

If you look at all the movies and and screenshots from the last months you will see that they are not anti-aliased so the game looks horrific.

Even the movies from two years back and the one from E3 looks better.

Last hope, some gamingsites have had a new look at the game and said that it wasnt as terrible as all that.

I still want Obi-Wan but there's no way it's as good or better than JK2. I agree they ruined it by moving it to the XBOX exclusively. They could have at least lied and said we'll make a PC version, too. Looks like Microsoft pulled up to Lucas Arts headquarters with a truck full of money.

I must admit, Obi-Wan's newest screens do look good but still, it won't be able to compare up to what JKII will look like whenit's finished. It still seems to be a good title to have for the XBox though, and there was really no harm in putting on the XBox but they should have had it on the PC too.

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

Well, seeing the direction it was taking, I'm glad it's on Xbox now. Tie Guy, if only you could give the Xbox a fair chance...

Its not like i never played it sherack. Sure, i never thought it would be be as good as the PS2 or even GC, but the key word is thought. When i played it for the first time (and the several times afterwards) it squashed all hope i had. I saw that the graphics were no better or worse than either otehr system, but that the controller was horendous, and the lineup of games was severely dissapointing. I've played several, and have yet to play one i liked.

As far as the lineup goes I think they made a mistake not having better games at the launch. But I'm betting within the next 6 months they will have some great games that take advantage of what the XBox can do.

Remember the XBox is suppose to have been built from ideas of what game designers said would be their dream system.

I for one, like the xbox controller. It's 100% better than the cubes controller which cramps my hands. I was playing an oddworld game, it was pretty fun, wish they would've had Halo on there. My friend, S1DC, said it's awesome.

Obiwan's probably not going to live up to its original hype, but that won't stop me from buying it if I ever get an X-Box. everyone i know in real life wants an xbox, might as well get one...

You cant really compare the two considering JK wont be released until months after Obi-wan. Another factor is that Raven is probably a better development team than the one for Obi-wan, but dont quote me on that one.

Yet, even though I love the Xbox title, Id still rather have JK2 now.

I got an Xbox this past sunday and I'll tell you one thing, Halo kicks ass. Starfighter is pretty good also, but a little short.

Archived