Better than JK II???  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Better than JK II???

• YES!!! IT WILL BE SO COOL!!!! :D
    • No I could come up with better graphis and controll in my sleep
    • No...I like GameCube better :p
    • What is Obi-One???

• 3 weeks later...

Potentially, at least, JK2 could beat the pants off of Obi-Wan. Even though Obi Xbox is using a newer engine, the graphics in JK2 look far better (more polys, more detailed textures, bigger environments, etc) and the game is still many months away from release. Also Obi-Wan's multiplayer is limited to split screen two player verses mode offline. JK2 promises to have options like Jedi Knight had, with the addition of client/server and dedicated server options. Tack on the possibility of free editing, and you have lots more potential replay value added to the game from the get-go. The ObiWan team (at least the last time I checked) had taken many liberties with the Episode I story and tried to stretch the boundaries set by the movie material as much as possible to make it seem a little more fresh. Be that as it may, JK2 really has a lot more freedom potentially to flesh out a new game with some newly recognized characters (but perhaps less tightely controlled by Lucas and Co.). Obi-Wan's path is already laid out for him. Kyle Katarn's future is unknown, so they are blazing a trail into uncharted territory.

And of course there's the concern that maybe we've all gotten a little tired of Episode I this and Episode I that by now... (well, many of us anyway, heh). ; )

• 3 weeks later...

It hasnt got a hope in hell of being better than JK2.......if Lucasarts had stuck to their original announcement plans then it would have been the best game ever of the PC, but then they realised they werent good enough to produce a quality game which is why they put it onto a console and gave Raven permission to build JK2 :D

Archived