Home

It doesnt work!

FaNaTiC

My copy of Sam and Max doesnt work anymore. It used to work on a 486 i think.....but now it doesnt even work on that! i cant get any sound at all. i tried loading it on my newer comp...but again ... the sound doesnt work.. Any patches anyone knows of?

Yeah hehe we were all secretly betting against ourselves over how long it would take for the "My sound is broken" thread to appear here :)

Snuckey's is working on a "tutorial"/troubleshooting guide to getting your sound working. Hopefully it will be up soon.

Heh. I'm not an asshole, I just don't know how to fix the sound :)

And can you really get "true" DOS mode without a dual install of Win98 and DOS 6.2? I've never got the sound to work on my PC even booting into as close as "true" dos mode as I can get.

Maybe if you successfully have the SET BLASTER=blah blah in your DOS mode config.sys it will work out for you. Perhaps Windows will set that up for you and I'm a fool?

Gerbil you gotta cool it pal. All you do is insult us or call us Assholes. Why don't you just shut up and listen. It will be on Snuckey's. I am patient. My sound doesn't work. But I don't care right now. I'm probably gonna get a new CD version, because, well, don't ask. I just have no sound, and I need to get it soon. So, if they ask you to be patient, be patient and don't call anyone an asshole, or you'd be a hypocrit if you get my drift

Er... sarcasm and such and so on...

Schmatz, that was directed at the ones who told this technically frustrated game player that his post didn't belong here and ignoring his question. I wasn't completely serious anyway... I'm not going to find Jake and Fuchow's address and write them a really nasty letter about their mothers. Besides, you weren't even in this thread until now.

And... I think that setblaster thing might not be required if you shut down to DOS. Just be sure to enter in the CD drivers and memory drivers in the Autoexec.bat and Config.sys. If the program still crashes, take a walk and pet a kitten.

I wish LEC would just put out a patch. I'm sure they've had at least one summer intern in the last few years who has an interest in programming and the old games enough to make a quick update to scumm. Hopefully ScummVM will be able to run Sam & Max eventually. Apparently it can run DOTT perfectly or near perfectly right now (um, minus the sound, that is :) ).

heh

I said nothing about the post not belonging here, I just knew someone would do it, though...

it specifically said in the forum description that help would most likely not be given to the question. Who knows, either way, I'm still waiting for that tutorial, and I'll still be lazy then...

really though, if there is a way to get Sam and Max working with sound and music on WinME, that'd be so-weet

Sorry Gerbil,

This afternoon I was in a rampage mood, and had a buncha crappy posts. No offense in any way. I didn't think you were calling me an asshole anyways :D . But, the question used to come up a lot elsewhere, and most of the posters here are kinda sick of hearing it. I don't know, just my opinion. By the way, I gotta try your idea, cause I can't get my sound working heh.

No, I think I'd rather weep openly some more, since I have WinME and my music won't work. My sound's fine though.

hmmm, I dunno, Sean, Met's got the sound working (without music, though, which is balls....)... when I was configuring it on my windows 98 comp, at first only the music would work...

blah, if only I could remember how I did it on my old comp..

--yes!!!!! playing Sam and Max on my old comp

Yeah, my MIDI is not working at all on my DOS games, Fuchow. Perhaps if I post the steps I took to get my audio working, the MIDI will work as well for most computers.

amazingly preferrable..

I tested the Win 98 thing that Jake posted up, to see if it may work on WinME, the setmuse file worked and the configuring was fine, but when actually playing the game, it, as usual, said sound drivers were ****. Hmmm...

Archived