Home

Test your insanity

JR2000Z

It really reminded me for some reason, of the time I was with a friend at the drag-racetrack up in Epping New Hampshire. This car pulled up to the line who's engine was sputtering and throbbing in a distinct way, and I started laughing uproariously because it sounded (to me anyway) EXACTLY like the drum intro to Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher"

Nobody else was paying attention so they had no idea what was wrong with me, and blamed it on heat-stroke and dehydration.

(Someone captured that race on videotape and we watched it later, and they all agreeed it had the same rhythm as the song. We even A/B'd it to the CD to compare and it was a very close match. My sanity was validated, for that day anyway...)

I'm a massive fan of CART racing, and a former F1 fan from the days of Nigel Mansell and Ricardo Patressi on Williams, and Gerhard Berger and Ayrton Senna on McLaren, and Alan Prost with Ferrari... After Mansell left for CART, Senna was killed, and Prost and Berger retired, I lost interest... I followed Mansell over to CART, and that's where my loyalties lie now.

I just though it was frightening that he could re-create the sound of an F1 engine that well...

Uh oh... You just know someone's gonna do to that what they did to that hampster dance song...

I can see it now... "Hey guys!!! Check out this new song I found on Kazaapheus! It's called 'Guy Making Race Car Noises (Techno Mix)' and it kicks ass! Let's have a rave and do some 'E'!!!"

<font color=white size=-6>Nitro does not in any way condone the use of narcotics (alcohol and caffeen excluded), nor is he implying that all ravers do "extacy". This post was a satirical look on events that have not yet and may never happen.

-Nitro's Army of Armani-Clad Lawyers</font>

Archived