Home

Monkey Island.. A movie?

Kraftwerk79

OK, Im' aware a lot of you will probably disagree, but hopefully more of you will agree. With all the bad movies out there, don't you think it's about time they made a movie with a plot based on Monkey Island? That would be so cool! I know I'd go see it..

But they'd better make it good.. :)

Kind of like Spaceballs, I envision, but different.. You know?

//E-lektric

:deathii:

It depends.... I'd hate to have the movie suck, it would ruin my impression of the movie, butg if there were one, I'd think that Julia-Louis Dreyfus would play Elaine (any Sienfeld fans out there?) and Matthew Perry (chandler from friends) play Guybrush. And of course, Denny Delk as the voice of Murray.:D

If you did a 3D thing you would be turning Monkey Island from a Game to a cartoon - It would just be like watching a game that your not playing. I think Danny DiVieto (or how ever you spell it) would make a great HT Marley or I. Cheese. Adam Sandler (I'm really bad at spelling names so it's probably wrong, but you know who I mean) might make an alright Guybrush :confused:

Jim Carrey would be a perfect Stan and Sean Connery would be great for Ozzie. I can't think of anybody for Guybrush or LeChuck, but maybe Julia Roberts for Elaine? Eh, maybe. A movie would be awesome, though. But should it be animated or real? I dunno. Both types have their strong points. Either way, I'd love to see how they'd do LeChuck, in his incarnations as Ghost, Zombie and Demon. :D

How about Dominic Armato as guybrush, and if you don't know, he was the voice of guybrush in the last 2 games. i don't know what he looks like (if he's black, forget it. i have nothing against blacks, i am black, but i can't see guybrush threepwood being black) but i think he'd be good.

BTW, a Monkey Island movie would be a great idea for an ending to the saga.

Originally posted by mymipage

I don't agree with Matt Perry playing Guybrush - I don't think he would be a good Guybrush. Jim Carey would play a good Stan I think and for Guybrush.......hmmmmm

Hey! Jim Carrey does sound exactly like Stan! And with that big smile like Stans he'd be perfect. Who knows about LeChuck? He's so contorted that they'd have to make him computer animated *Shudder*. Those cheesy computer animated effects in a real person movie don't mix. Croc Hunter as Ozzie! Just a little make up and walla, an old man! (j/k) And Cassandra Bullock for Elaine. Erm...No.

No, Sean Connery would play a perfect Ozzie. As for Guybrush.... hmm... dunno.... but I know Murray would have to be computer animated so he would only have a real voice, and Denny Delk is the only one who could do Murray.:D

I could see Whoopi Goldberg as Carla, Tim Curry as LeChuck, Julia-louis Dreyfus as Elaine, Jim Carrey as Stan, Russell Crowe as Largo, Billy Bob Thornton as Pegnose Pete, and Martin Short as Wally. Also maybe Mike Myers as Otis.

An MI movie would not have the budget to accomodate Eddie Murphy, Jim Carrey or Sean Connery. Sorry.

It would have to be based on the series, a film of each game wouldn't work. Why? Well...

Adventure games are almost exclusively single player affairs. In the movies, it would be boring to see one guy walking around solving puzzles. The film would have to treat its already established fans as fools in order to reach a wider audience. I mean, if they made a movie about MI that didn't bother to introduce each character the only people who would get it straight away would be those who already know about it. Based of the number of people in this forum, 13,000 rounded up, they would not make a lot of thier money back. (And a large percentage of the 13,00 are star wars fans.)

It would work best as a 'Monsters, Inc.' style 3d film, so we could have Dom as Guybrush, and keep the lovely visuals we all know and adore. There was a big thing about an MI movie on another site years ago that placed Michael J. Fox as Guybrush. Brilliant casting, but that won't happen now as he has Parkinsons disease.

The only modern film comparable to Monkey Island is Cutthroat Island - a box-office failure.

Despite all this, I will one day bring MI to the screen for you all.

not likely, they had a mark hamill in 'Full Throttle', and i'm sure it wasn't really the 'Star Wars' star. what do you think.

by the way, i think Michael J. Fox would be good as the voice of guybrush, and he can still do voices, just not any physical acting. remeber he did 'Stuart Little' and that 'Atlantis' one, what do you think.

Yeah maybe his voice.... Or DOMINIC ARMATO! Wow, it might be crazy enough just to work. Anyways, I think it might be Coleman. I saw that stupid weakest link commercial with him in it and compared de voices. A little similar. I can imagine. And Gary and Kenny are around thhe same height :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived