Home

Just got Obi-Wan...

Outlaw

I won't bore you guys with a long review. but, so far its one fun game. Both Saber contol and force use are dead on. Graphics appear a lot better in person than in the pictures. The textures in the game are very sharp with a PC look to them. My only concern is the length of the game. There are 15 missions not including jedi duels in between levels. The early levels, while very open, do end quickly. The later levels, which intersect with the movie, may be much longer. Graphically I am impressed with the game since I'm comparing them to Jedi Knight 1, which still looks very good at high resolutions on a computer monitor. Obi-Wan has some of the best water and shadow effects I've seen in a while. I may comment after I finish the game.

Originally posted by Wilhuf

Would be nice if I could rent an XBOX and Obi-Wan at the local video store!

You took the words right out of my mouth. :D

Of course, that would be a bit difficult until March...that's when they're released in the UK. Not that anyone is going to rent X-Box's out anyway. Oh well... ;)

I played a bit of Obi Wan today at a friends house.

Overall, it wasnt too bad. The graphics werent spectacular (save the glass and water effects) and gameplay seemed pretty simple. We played a bit of multiplayer, but i hate trying to play on a halfsized screen, so it wasnt really that much fun.

After playing the game, I realized how great JKII is going to be! Seeing the sabre throw and force push, etc made me realize that pretty much everything that Obi Wan has interms of gameplay will be implemented in JKII. The difference is that JKII will be so much more than a adventure game with foolish moving the block puzzles.

On another unrelated note: I also played RS2 for the first time; now i am definately tempted to go out and buy a gamecube!

Archived