Home

How would you rate your computer knowledge?

SithMaster2003

How would you rate your computer knowledge?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your computer knowledge?

• I am a Computer Guru.
    • My computer is a hobby. I know it and I love it. Nothing more, nothing less.
    • As long as i can e-mail, talk to people, and play games, I am happy.
    • Computer? Heck, i just thought it was a TV with typewriter keys and some rodent hooked up to it...

I know quite a lot since I was in a Cisco networking course (college quality but at high school.... so i droped it :D) and since I want to be graphic designer I am required to know how to use and upgrade and know most talk about computers.

But when people go comparing AMD and P4 or compare a certain type of RAM to an other I just have no interrest and and get bored.

I dont care what brand it is, as long as it does what it is supposed to do.

and I bought the P4 because of that snazy alien commerical (j/k)

well, i am taking a cisco course qand all the stuff to go with it, but i am still in the learning process. computers are my life, dont get me worng. they are more than a hobby, but i still dont know everything. of course, give me a little time and i shall be the most pwerful computer geek in the world... ok maybe not, but i will know a lot about computers.

Wouldn't have the audacity to call myself a guru!!

I know a decent amount about computing and the internet and I work full time in IT for a firm with around 70 users and I know what I know because I'm paid to ;)

Originally posted by GB_StormTrooper

I guess you could say im a Guru because I can install anything and uninstall anything on computers (that includes hardware AND software :)) and I know how to fix most problems + Im getting a new computer at the end of this month....:D

what kind of problems you can fix?

installing and uninstalling everything isnt a big deal IMO

however if you can fix all kind of serious OS problems, BIOS stuff, IRQs, etc, you do know a lot

I think there are different levels of gurus

Im considered a guru by most people with normal computer knowledge, but I dont consider myself a guru compared to some gurus

I guess you get my point

I think there are different levels of gurus

Im considered a guru by most people with normal computer knowledge, but I dont consider myself a guru compared to some gurus

Good point. I think i pretty much fall into where you are. to most people i am a computer god. but to the trained computer geek, i am a geek in training.

Guest SlashAndBurn

I know more about computers than most of my friends and family (besides my dad....he's definately a guru). And am taking computer courses in college. But right now Most actualy programers and engineers are much more knowledgeable than me

Archived