Home

news!! FAQ update - you wanna cut arms and hands? :D

digl

I dont think dismemberment will harm the games fun at all , quite the opposite. Imagine how satisfying it wil be to render someons handless, legless or both and have them at your mercy. It will be funny and entertaining. When it happens to you u will see the fun side . A solution would be if you couldnt defend yourself (in MP) u would die after a st time 15 secs maybe. In SP it would rarely happen and the dark jedi would soon finish u off. It will add tactics to sabre fights.

Originally posted by Raxius

Can the jokes get any worse?

...most likely :)

Welcome Raxius, please leave any remnants of your sanity on the conveniently placed shelf by the door; you won't be needing them here... ;)

You should recieve your Official LucasForums Welcome Basket™ from Boba Rhett, and a Chocolate Jedi Medallion From StormHammer within the next day or two, probably less :)

Enjoy your stay!

Sorry, some of us took this hacking and slicing too seriously(including me) and we got too deep into it, so we haven't talked about this topic much lately. Recent updates on official JK2 site also took much attention away from these other threads, so we just have to wait and see what actual game brings, because there is still no screenshots that show regional damage. BTW, welcome to the Forum! :D

Welcome to the forums, Raxius. :) I hope you enjoy your stay. Here...

*hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

There you go. ;)

FYI...jokes can always get worse. :D

Decapitations would be nice if you could pick up your opponent's head and throw it at them when they respawn (like RUNE). I doubt, however, that we will be able to pick up severed limbs to use in place of lightsabers.

Originally posted by Lightspeeder

I dont think dismemberment will harm the games fun at all , quite the opposite. Imagine how satisfying it wil be to render someons handless, legless or both and have them at your mercy. It will be funny and entertaining. When it happens to you u will see the fun side . A solution would be if you couldnt defend yourself (in MP) u would die after a st time 15 secs maybe. In SP it would rarely happen and the dark jedi would soon finish u off. It will add tactics to sabre fights.

I'd rather just have it take off hit points... it struck me as really stupid to lose a limb in Rune and recover it whenever you consumed mead and beef.

The only way It'd be ok, if death occured after 5 seconds, to give it that certain-death-in-a-few-seconds-sticky-rail feeling. You take away from the DM feeling to be rendered ineffectual in a manner that a convient health pack can't occur.

It would also make the saber too powerful in my opinion; you only have to tap their arm to render gunners--who may become the underdog in saberist vs gunner fights due to pixel-pixel collision detection on saber--ineffective. If you get close to them, it should take a direct hit to torso,head, etc. to immediately kill them(which won't be hard, because of the again mentioned pixel collision detection the lightsaber will be featuring).

It would also make the saber too powerful in my opinion; you only have to tap their arm to render gunners--who may become the underdog in saberist vs gunner fights due to pixel-pixel collision detection on saber--ineffective.

I don't think gunners will always be on the losing end, when someone arrives with saber. You see, there will be weapons like Golan Arms FC-1, for example, which knives you can't block completely; these bigger guns will balance whole battle, and I'm sure that also Jedis will run after seeing them. Making saber perhaps even too powerful just makes us understand the fact that even one Jedi can be unbelievably hard opponent, when he gets in close range and still there are snipers and other gunners, who can take him out, before he reaches them. So, what Jedis perhaps win with their powers and agility as lightsaber users, gunners will beat them with cleverness and sheer firepower. :ion::slsaber:

Archived