Home

Who lives near a Military Base?

Commander 598

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live 1.5 miles from a french military base. I usually go there twice a week because french friends who live in the base invite me to the cinema (yes it is in the base) or to play tennis (still in the base). There's this cool restricted weapon/ammo deposit area...never tried to go there though, I don't want to be shot at.

That place is like Fallout's Vault City. Hmm, I wonder if I can find the holy G.E.C.K over there...

Originally posted by Jem

I live 1.5 miles from a french military base. I usually go there twice a week because french friends who live in the base invite me to the cinema (yes it is in the base) or to play tennis (still in the base). There's this cool restricted weapon/ammo deposit area...never tried to go there though, I don't want to be shot at.

That place is like Fallout's Vault City. Hmm, I wonder if I can find the holy G.E.C.K over there...

Theres Golf Courses at Barksdale.

To make this story short Barksdale is a city with a fence around it.

Oh and yes they do have tactical nuclear weapons(possibly even missiles.)

I saw Air Force 1 Sept. 11 when Bush came strait from Florida(I think it was Florida)

The closest thing to a military base near me is the airport half a mile away that the PA ANG bases some attack helos out of. There's PA NG base about 10 miles north of here. Some sort of construction battalion. My house lies under a military air corridor that the USAF uses to direct stuff across the Atlantic to bases in Europe. I see lots of heavy transports and used to see a few B-52s. I've never seen a midair refueling, but i've seen the planes getting into formation with the tankers (the 911th air refueling wing is based in pittsburgh. they link up over my area and refuel over the mountains out east).

I live approximately 1/2 a mile from the enarest miltary base in my town. Not only that, but I live directly in the flight path depending on what direction the wind is blowing. I could very literally throw a rock at a harrier and hit it as it flies over. I would never hit it though they move too fast. I also live about 30 miles away from the other base in town.

I live near Ft Lewis, and our own Portland ANG Base (PANG) Not too much activity, until recently from PANG. Black Hawks and Pave Hawks fly around quite often now.

I spend a couple of nights a week on my city's base. CFB Moncton is home to an infantry unit, an engineering unit, and an anti-aircraft artilliary unit, as well as an Army Cadet corps, a Sea Cadet corps, and two Air Cadet squadrons.

They've also comandeered a few large hangars at our airport, and they're flying Auroras out of there... If you don't know what an Aurora is, let me know, and I'll elaborate. I'm expecting at least you to know, Nukekitty.

Archived