Home

Will I be able to run JKII?

Terrin

Welcome to the forums, Damazig and lordvader. :) I hope you both enjoy your stay. Here...

*hands each a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

There you go... ;)

Before this topic strays too far...here are my specs...

Athlon T-Bird 850Mhz (not O/C'ed)

256Mb SDRAM (100)

GeForce 2 GTS/Pro with 32Mb DDR

Win98SE (currently fairly stable)

I have managed to run RTCW with most of the settings high, at 1024x32bit (with Extra high detail on character models)...except for the outdoor levels (and Boss1 level), which begin to chug and stutter horrendously (even after increasing com_hunkmegs, which was discussed in another thread). I had to reduce to 16bit, and turn most of the settings to medium, to get it to play those levels at a decent framerate.

AFAIK, JKII will be using even more sophisticated tech than RTCW, so I would imagine that my rig will be able to run JKII...but mostly on medium settings, particularly for outdoor levels. This isn't much of a problem...but it's nice to see a game as it was meant to look, at least in SP. :)

I hope to invest in a GF3 some time later this year (probably when the GF4 comes out, so the prices come down)...and I'll be upgrading MoBo, CPU and RAM towards the end of the year.

So, for anyone with a rig similar to my specs, don't be surprised if you can't see JKII in all it's glory. :(

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. It's true that all those games use the Q3 engine, but it doesn't make the requirments the same. JK2 has way more detailed envirnments and characters than Q3 or Elite Force, but is about on par with RtCW or MoH:AA. Obviously, the latter two look much more realistic, but when is Star Wars real? :p

2. StormHammer, yeah, your good, you could run it okay.

3. Lordvader's been here a while, but never posted.

Originally posted by StarScrap

What about me?

P II 266

64 megs ram

Voodoo 3 16 megs

:( :( :(

I need a new comp.

But this game is going to run if I have to turn all the setting down and play it without sound!!!! I'll be mad if I have to take off the music though.

Actually I expect I'll be able to run it just fine. Most games are actually pretty lenient, and I have a cable modem to make up for it online.

Ouch...I think the minimum requirement for JKII is a P2 300Mhz...it might run if you force it, but turns out very slow probably :(

How about me:

PIII 650 mhz

128 MB SDRAM

Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

I'm only worried about it not working because my video card has conflicts with many many other games. I can't even run JK anymore, it makes some weird noise when I launch it and it freezes.

But, Half-Life and SoF do work... hopefully JKO will be similar to that. I should get Q3 sometime...

Dont worry........you'll run it fine....probably just over medium graphics will run fine(your graphics card should speed it up a little). I upgraded my computer just for JK2.......

1.4Ghz AMD Athlon, with my amazing fileserver case with a total of 10 fans to keep it cool)

512Mb DDR Ram

GeForce 2 GTS 64Mb (upgrading to GF3 Ti when JK2 come out and hopefully a 23inch monitor)

40Gb HDD 7200Rpm Twin Processor

2 52X CD-Rom Drives

1 CD RW 24x 10x 40x

Desktop Theater 5.1 surround sound with EAX :) gives nice enviromental effects......especially in AvP2 :p

Should run JK2 fine :)

hey..i've been reading up about this game for a while now and i just now decieded to register. this and SoF2 are the biggest games on my list right now that i want to get.

but, i have the same problem as some of you...not the best computer in the world

i have a PII 756 MHz with a ati radeon 8500. i have a great video card but 756 is not all the great.

right now i can play rtcw with most settings on high and get a decent frame rate that is around 25-100 fps. i know that both jk2 and SoF2 and rtcw all have the quake 3 engine...so i'm guessing that they will all run about the same....i hope. what do you guys think? i would like to run the game with most settings on high at 1024x768. will i most likely be able to achieve this sicne i can do it in rtcw? i hope so. jusy give me your opinions please

Originally posted by waazzuupp

hey..i've been reading up about this game for a while now and i just now decieded to register. this and SoF2 are the biggest games on my list right now that i want to get.

but, i have the same problem as some of you...not the best computer in the world

i have a PII 756 MHz with a ati radeon 8500. i have a great video card but 756 is not all the great.

right now i can play rtcw with most settings on high and get a decent frame rate that is around 25-100 fps. i know that both jk2 and SoF2 and rtcw all have the quake 3 engine...so i'm guessing that they will all run about the same....i hope. what do you guys think? i would like to run the game with most settings on high at 1024x768. will i most likely be able to achieve this sicne i can do it in rtcw? i hope so. jusy give me your opinions please

Your computer system should run okay. The SoF II Requirement are: (JKII's requirements are a lot like SoF II's)

Minimum Requirement: P2 300Mhz, 64MB, Voodoo3

Average Requirement: P3 700Mhz, 128MB, GeForceII

High-Level Requirement: P4 1.5Ghz, 256M, Next-Generation Video card

So I think your computer should run fine...at least within the average range.

i sure hope it runs ok. all i want to do is turn weapon and character models to high detail. i can live with the taxture and color at 16 bit. i can't tell the difference to tell the truth. but i do want my modles to be high poly and not low.

say,..are SoF2's and jk2's system requirements about the same as rtcw? what are rtcw's system requirments? b/c rtcw runs well on my system.

man....i can't wait for this game to come out!

Originally posted by Bio Warrior

how good do you think my comp will run it? ive got a pentium3 560, 256mb of ram, GeForce2 MX400 64mb

I guess medium range. Your RAM are very sufficient, and although GF2 MX400 is a cheaper version of GeForce 2 GTS, it is a 64MB one so that's ok. If you have enough money, I'd buy a new CPU :)

P3 CPUs are very cheap these days...a 1.0Ghz won't cost THAT much anymore :)

I bought mine Athlon 1.0Ghz for $230...now it worths like $130 and P3 700/800 is about $100

Originally posted by waazzuupp

i sure hope it runs ok. all i want to do is turn weapon and character models to high detail. i can live with the taxture and color at 16 bit. i can't tell the difference to tell the truth. but i do want my modles to be high poly and not low.

say,..are SoF2's and jk2's system requirements about the same as rtcw? what are rtcw's system requirments? b/c rtcw runs well on my system.

man....i can't wait for this game to come out!

Here's Return to Castle Wolfenstein System Requirement: (Minimum)

- 3-D hardware Accelerator (with 16MB VRAM) with full Open GL support

- PII 400MHz processor or Athlon processor

- English version of Windows 95OSR2/98/ME/NT 4.0(SP6)/2000/XP operating system

- 128MB RAM

- 16-bit high color video mode

- 800MB of uncompressed hardisk space for games file plus 300Mb for windows swap file

- A 100% Windows 95OSR2/98/ME/NT 4.0(SP6)/2000/XP compatible comnputer system

- DirectX 8.0a (included)

- DirectX 3.0 or higher compatible sound card and drivers

- 100% microsoft compatible mouse/keyboard and drivers

- 4X CD ROM

I guess RTCW requires more than SoFII...

The system requirments for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast will probably be the same as Return to Castle Wolfenstein or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. MoH:AA uses a souped up Quake III Arena engine, and RtCW and JKII use a souped up Quake III Team Arena engine.

The average human can perceive up to 85 FPS, NOT 24 or 30.

Most of the time the human eye comprehends to about 30 FPS, anywhere after that is smoothing by the graphics accelerator.

I've heard 64 and I've heard 30, but to me 30 makes more sense, considering most of the smoothness in the FPS comes from hardware acceleration.

...to be or not to be... :)

Who thinks my PC would be good enuff to play JK2??

Before I tell you my specs I must let you know that my PC does not even have a AGP slot.

P3 766mhz,

512MB RAM,

Geforce2 MX/400 64MB PCI,

Windows ME,

Bell South DSL ( Love it :-)

Does anyone think it would run good??

Originally posted by JediDante

Who thinks my PC would be good enuff to play JK2??

Before I tell you my specs I must let you know that my PC does not even have a AGP slot.

P3 766mhz,

512MB RAM,

Geforce2 MX/400 64MB PCI,

Windows ME,

Bell South DSL ( Love it :-)

Does anyone think it would run good??

Well, all looks fine EXCEPT Windows ME....I don't know about that

80% of me - WinME should work

15% of me - Unsure

5% of me - WinME does a really bad job at running games

I'm suggesting Win98SE (runs faster FPS) or Win2k (more stable at running application programs)

Archived