Gladiator vs. Blade Match 1

Guest Lord Tirion

Which movie did you like better?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie did you like better?

• Gladiator
    • Blade

Gladiator

BTW, Commodus was a real guy, and he was an Emperor, and he was Marcus Aurelius's son. Marcus Aurelius was an Emperor as well, he was also a philosopher like in the movie. Commodus really did fight in a gladiatorial fight but he didn't die and it wasn't against his former general. Maximus did NOT exist.

aaaaawwwwwwww, I thought it was a true story!;)

There really is a lot of very historically accurate things in there. But one thing that doesn't sit right with me is the woman competing in the gladiator battles. I didn't think they were allowed to.

Gladiator can take down Harry Pothead any day of the week!!!:p

Now what about LotR? I don't think anybody could strike that down except Star Wars itself. Don't put Gladiator against LotR unless Gladiator keeps winning. LotR will smack Gladiator a new one!

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Gladiator

BTW, Commodus was a real guy, and he was an Emperor, and he was Marcus Aurelius's son. Marcus Aurelius was an Emperor as well, he was also a philosopher like in the movie. Commodus really did fight in a gladiatorial fight but he didn't die and it wasn't against his former general. Maximus did NOT exist.

But he wasn't the weird incestious guy he's shown to be, that were Nero, Caligula and the like ...

Guest Lord Tirion

Today is the last day of voting. Tomorrow will bring a new contender to go against Gladiator which seems to have really pummeled Blade =P

Guest Lord Tirion

Keep in mind guys, when voting, just dont vote for a movie because it is "cool". Think of originality, good performances, and a movie you could watch over and over again without getting tired of it. ;)

Archived