Home

JK2 POV (Point of View)

Vanion VDS

I am almost positive it will be implementet since it's running a modyfied Q3 engine. Oh and will demorecording be implemented aswell? It would surprise me if these two things are beeing removed but I know that some people know more about this game than me, so if you know something; Please give me a reply! :D

/Vanion

Definitely looking forward to the demorecordings. Record tournaments, technique examples, even movies.

You can show 'em how it's done. And you don't even have to be there. Just post the recording on the web, and share your greatness with the rest of the world. ;)

Originally posted by Wilhuf

Definitely looking forward to the demorecordings. Record tournaments, technique examples, even movies.

You can show 'em how it's done. And you don't even have to be there. Just post the recording on the web, and share your greatness with the rest of the world. ;)

...you can record missions and stuff?!?!?! Are you SERIOUS?

Originally posted by WilliS

Powered by WilliS

:lsduel:

[Edit - Stormy - And the point of this post is...? :rolleyes: By all means, feel free to express your opinion on the topic at hand...but you should be made aware that spamming is not tolerated on these forums. :cool: ]

Of course, you are allowed leeway if you make a good joke vaguely about the topic. :)

Originally posted by StormHammer

Welcome, Vanion. (read my sig... ;) )

If you're referring to 1st or 3rd person perspective, then yes, they are both supported like in the original Jedi Knight - and 3rd person has a crosshair this time around.

I would be very surprised if demorecording is not included. :)

Whats demorecording??........When you record what you do?? Wouldnt that make the specs higher and be more difficult for lower end machines to perform??

Yes...if you read Wilhuf's post, he summarised it quite well...

Originally posted by Wilhuf

Need I say more? ;)

Did the original poster by any chance mean "FOV"? In Quake games, it has been a console option where you can set your "field of view angle." People would increase this to ridiculous angles so that they could see the entire area around them, creating a "fish-eye" view. While not technically cheating, it gives them an unfair advantage. If this is your question, then yes, it will most likely be an available option.

Demorecording is ... the recording of a demonstration.

Q3 tech supports demorecording. It records your character's movements and actions for later playback using the game.

So, if you want to produce examples of gameplay, or record tournaments, etc., just make a demorecording.

Demorecording in Q3 is accessed through the console, although you can also write a script that will allow you to create demo recordings by just pressing a keystroke. You can play back demos, freeze-frame, fast-forward etc.

Demorecordings are played back using the game. Tools for converting demorecordings into 2-d .avi movie files also exist. So if you want to share a demorecording with people who do not have Q3, you can just give them an .avi which they can watch.

You can Find many Q3 Demos online at cached.net

It hasn't yet been confirmed that demorecording will be supported in Jedi Outcast. Hopefully it is.

I don't consider FOV settings cheating, because it is allowed by the game engine, and the game creators. Most Quake 1-3 tournaments allow non-default FOV settings, and almost every single top player uses them. I've tried using it, and it makes it more difficult to aim, and makes the game a lot less fun... anyway

Demorecording should have little to no impact on specs. You're just recording your character location, orientation, and actions to memory. All of that info is sent to a server anyway, whether you record or not. The only likely additional overhead is saving the info to permanent memory, and maybe a few management sub processes.

I haven't noticed any impact on framerates or latency when recording demos in q3.

Archived