Home

Multiplayer - Map Size and Player Numbers

+Nimbus+

Anyones answer would have to be more on the guessing side, but if they said 64 player compatitable and 32 being more realistic. Also 12-24 would be more suitable, well 12-24 on a like say half having Cable/DSL and the others having 56k would it run like that? If so that'd be really cool because it'd be great for gun games you'd have like armies and sabers well more like leigons of saberists and stuff.

I dont even think 64 players would be suitable on a T3, lol. As for people with 56K modems they'll probably manage about 10 players with out little lag, but it'll depend on the server. And I agree with you, it would be awsome it there were 32 players in a level.........if that is indeed accurate information, which it does seem a sensible number, then these mp levels must be HUGE!!

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

I dont even think 64 players would be suitable on a T3, lol. As for people with 56K modems they'll probably manage about 10 players with out little lag, but it'll depend on the server. And I agree with you, it would be awsome it there were 32 players in a level.........if that is indeed accurate information, which it does seem a sensible number, then these mp levels must be HUGE!!

The maps are as big as Tribes 2....if it can really support 64 players...

Strange that Tribes 2 64 players servers don't lag against 56k users...everyone runs almost the same speed, just DSL/Cable users have better pings than the 56k users.

I bet the MAP itself is going to lag...

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

Im sure they make every single model you can think of. And any they do forget then will be made by us........so either way there will be lots of bots :)

The one thing that JK1 didn't lack was a variety of multiplayer skins, although most people I played against picked the Mandalorian skin (and as Jedi). :fett::saberg:

Originally posted by SaberPro

The maps are as big as Tribes 2....if it can really support 64 players...

Strange that Tribes 2 64 players servers don't lag against 56k users...everyone runs almost the same speed, just DSL/Cable users have better pings than the 56k users.

I bet the MAP itself is going to lag...

I doubt the levels are quite as big as Tribes2 64 players or not. I know they're big, but in Tribes2 you need vehicles just to get around in the majority of them. maybe JK2 can be compared to some of the smaller levels of T2 (which is still big by FPS standards)

Originally posted by FOG-Wraith

I doubt the levels are quite as big as Tribes2 64 players or not. I know they're big, but in Tribes2 you need vehicles just to get around in the majority of them. maybe JK2 can be compared to some of the smaller levels of T2 (which is still big by FPS standards)

In Tribes 2 we use vehicles to get around, in JKII we use Force Speed to get around....I think Force Speed is faster than vehicles :) Maybe JKII will have portals...or Translocator like in Unreal Tournament...

Tribes and Tribes 2 had excellent netcode. They designed it to support a lot of players with minimal lag, because the game needs lots of players to get really good.

Quake 3 netcode isnt excellent, but it's pretty damn good. It's stock standard these days, I'm told. Don't expect too much :)

Originally posted by GonkH8er

Tribes and Tribes 2 had excellent netcode. They designed it to support a lot of players with minimal lag, because the game needs lots of players to get really good.

Quake 3 netcode isnt excellent, but it's pretty damn good. It's stock standard these days, I'm told. Don't expect too much :)

Is it possible for JKII to adopt the Tribes series netcode? So we can actually do a Jedi invasion as seen in Episode II movie teaser...:)

Archived